Applications due 04/27/18
Location: 101-271 Tyger River Dr, Duncan, SC 29334, USA
The YMCA of Greater Spartanburg is seeking a visionary and inspirational leader to direct the competitive swimming program in Spartanburg, South Carolina.
YMCA Spartaquatics (YSSC) has thrived in the competitive swimming arena for over 20 years, producing quality young swimmers and quality young adults. YSSC has won multiple National Championships and competed at a high level in both USA Swimming and YMCA Swimming. YSSC prides itself in developing the swimmer through a focus on values, sportsmanship and character development. This position directs 340+ swimmers from ages 8-18. With a full team of coaching professionals, administrative support, and engaged volunteers, the next Head Coach will have the resources to continue the strong tradition established.
The YMCA of Greater Spartanburg, situated in the Upstate of South Carolina, is a fantastic community to live and raise a family. Surrounded by the mountains, and a short drive to the beach, the Upstate is growing and thriving.
- 6+ years experience as a Head Coach or Assistant Coach in a YMCA or USA Swimming setting
- ASCA Level 2 certification or above is strongly preferred
- Experience leading and supervising staff
- Current certification in Red Cross or YMCA Lifeguard, first aid and CPR
- Current YMCA certification in Competitive Swimming (can be attained post hire)
- YMCA Team Leader certification preferred (must be attained within 2 years of hire)
- CPR, First Aid and Lifeguard/Coaches Safety Training required
- Child Abuse Prevention and Child Sexual Abuse Prevention training required
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or equivalent experience required
- Management of the daily leadership functions of the YSSC Swim Team. Follow all policies and procedures. Comply with all YUSA Swimming and USA Swimming guidelines for Safety and Quality.
- Supervise all programs within the Swim Team. Supervise all coaches and Administrative staff.
- Recruit, train and supervise a team of volunteers to support the YSSC Swimming program.
- Develop and Execute the Strategic Vision for YSSC Swimming.
- Develop, manage, and monitor the financial state of the Swim Team at all times. Report to YMCA leadership as to variances.
- Manage all aspects of recruiting. Manage all community relations for YSSC.
- Lead Annual Campaign fundraising to support Swimmer’s scholarship fund.
- Partner with YMCA Aquatics for facility management, pool management and program quality. Assist the YMCA in meeting the aquatic needs for the Upstate region.
- Solve problems through professionalism, communication and follow through.
- Oversee all administrative aspects of the team. Manage all Meet selections, host all home Meets, lead all swimmer placement strategies, oversee all practice schedules, and oversee all data management.
How to Apply
For more information: spartanburgymca.org or https://www.teamunify.com/Home.jsp?team=scsyssc
How to Apply:
Electronic submissions only
Resumes accepted until: April 27th
Middle Tyger YMCA
720 Shoals Road
Duncan, SC 29334