Applications due 07/15/18
******THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED*****
Buffalo Area Aquatic Club (BAAC) is looking for a fun, enthusiastic Head Coach who will lead our team to greatness! BAAC’s swimmers cover a range of skill levels from novice to Futures Championships qualifiers, and they need a head coach who can inspire every swimmer to do their best. Our goal is to have every swimmer leave practice wanting to come back tomorrow and end the season eager for the next to start! True excellence requires a love of the sport, and we expect our coach to make the challenge enjoyable. We want the assistant coaches to grow professionally under the Head Coach’s leadership. You will be coaching in our home pool at The University at Buffalo’s Alumni Arena, an NCAA Division I university and home to the UB Women’s Swimming and Diving team. Long-course time is built into the training schedule, and the facility itself is first-rate.
- Serve as the primary, on-deck coach of senior-level training groups
- Coordinate stroke and training principles throughout all levels
- Oversee group placement and advancement of athletes
- Leadership and accountability for all swimmers in the club from novice to seniors.
- Oversee all administrative aspects of the team including:
- Meet selection, planning, and registration
- Coordination of hosted meets
- Practice scheduling for all training groups
- Maintenance of all team statistics
- Promotion of the team locally and within the Niagara LSC
- Work cooperatively with the Board of Directors to:
- Develop and administer the team budget
- Create and execute a shared vision for the BAAC’s growth and success
- Establish a local presence and positive reputation within the Niagara LSC
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with parents
Our ideal candidate possesses the following:
- A love and passion for the sport of swimming and a desire to share that with all of the swimmers on the team
- The ability and desire to work collaboratively with the swimmers, their families and the Board of Directors
- A clear, cooperative and tactful communication style
- Strong organizational skills and the attention to detail necessary to be an effective administrator of a USA Swimming Swim Club
- The ability to work with swimmers and coaches across multiple training groups
- A desire to build team values across all age groups and learning what motivates swimmers on an individual basis
- A willingness to mentor and advocate for swimmers who have an interest in competing at the collegiate level
- Proficiency with swimming software such as HyTek and TeamUnify
- Experience as a Meet Director
- This is a year-round, full-time salaried position with compensation based on qualifications and experience. Education, certification and meet travel expenses are reimbursed.
- Current USA Swimming Coach Certification in good standing, with a clear background check. Certification in American Red Cross CPR, First Aid, and Coaches’ Safety Training
- Experience as a coach at a high-performing swim club and/or collegiate level
- Solid knowledge of stroke theory and physiology
- Proven capability to develop talent at all levels
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
ABOUT BUFFALO AREA AQUATIC CLUB
Buffalo Area Aquatic Club is a year-round USA Swimming club of 70 swimmers who won the 2018 Niagara LSC short course championship (small teams) and has consistently placed in the top 3 for both short- and long-course seasons. Multiple age group and senior swimmers have represented the team at Age Group Zones, Speedo Sectionals, Futures Championships and Arena Pro Series competitions. BAAC holds Recognition Level 2 as a Board-governed team and is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
Buffalo is a city on the rise boasting a new waterfront and great restaurants and is among the most affordable cities in the U.S. You’ll almost never commute for more than 30 minutes, and proximity to Toronto puts a major metropolis in easy driving distance.
All inquiries are confidential. BAAC will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
How to Apply
Email resume or inquiry to Dave Borden, Board President at [email protected].
Email resume or inquiry to Dave Borden, Board President at [email protected]
Buffalo Area Aquatic Club
PO Box 425
Getzville, NY 14068