Applications due 05/25/19
Location: 312 S 9th St, Burlington, IA 52601, USA
Eastern Iowa Swim Federation’s Mission
The Eastern Iowa Swim Federation (EISF) is a competitive USA swimming team that emphasizes technique, dedication, work ethic, time management, sportsmanship, and teamwork, empowering individuals to be successful in life through excellence in swimming.
Burlington Head Site Coach (HSC) and Swim Lessons Director Job Description
The HSC’s primary duties include executing the team’s wet and dry training in partnership with the EISF CEO, recommending for hire and supervising Burlington Assistant Coaches, and staffing team’s swim meets. The HSC shall be self-motivated and excited about the sport of swimming and have strong communication and interpersonal skills with regards to both adults and children. The HSC will report to the CEO and COO of EISF.
Additional Head Coach duties include:
- Emphasizing to all swimmers the importance of proper technique, teamwork, sportsmanship, learning, and fun.
- Serves as positive role model for athletes.
- Establishes goals with Burlington swimmers, oversees progress, and monitors phases of development.
- Sets practice schedules, practice groups, and criteria for advancement from group to group for in partnership with the EISF CEO.
- Effectively manages swim team administrative tasks in Burlington
- Manages meet entries for Burlington swimmers
- Holds team meetings with parents and swimmers as agreed upon with the EISF CEO
- Contributes to coaches’ communications including team news, weekly updates and meet info though a template EISF Newsletter
- Oversees parent education programs in Burlington in partnership with EISF CEO
- Communicates statistics on team members, such as practice and meet attendance, goal achievement, and team records.
- Facilitates progress toward USA Swimming Club Recognition and Club Excellence Goals.
- Develops cooperative and supportive relationships with the City of Burlington, all local high schools, and YMCA and summer recreation teams
- Positively represents EISF in the local community as well as within the Iowa swimming community.
- Communicates effectively with EISF CEO and COO
- Communicates regularly and effectively with Burlington swimmers, staff and families
- Manage swim lessons incl staffing, scheduling, & registration
- Advocate for EISF within ISI by regular attendance and participation at meetings
- Abides by and actively upholds the USA Swimming Code of Conduct
Additional Swim Lessons Director duties include:
- Schedule swim lessons for all seasons, Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer
- Create swim lessons registration on TeamUnify for all lessons, group and private
- Schedule certified swim lessons instructors for group lessons and privates lessons to maximize our space and participation
- Schedule an on duty lifeguard to be on deck during all swim lessons sessions
- Recommend for hire all Burlington swim lessons instructors who either have experience and/or Lifeguarding/CPR/First Aid certification or are able to do so before the first day of lessons
- Perform swim lessons instructors training for each instructor at least once per year
- Create swim lessons rosters so that each participant is assigned to an instructor before the first lesson
- Create, monitor, and manage wait list for those who did not get into a time slot initially, and to move participants off the waitlist and into the appropriate class when the availability arises.
- Supervise lessons in order to verify that each instructor is performing proper skills as well as offering advice to instructors when necessary.
- Read each progress report to verify that instructors have properly entered information for each participant regarding what skills they have passed and what skills they may need to work on.
- Add each participant’s progress into the TeamUnify tracking system.
- Be the “face” of EISF Swim Lessons by interacting with both lessons participants and their guardians, in order to provide adequate answers to questions, and to promote EISF Swim Lessons in a positive way.
- Answer all emails regarding swim lessons
- Answer all phone calls regarding swim lessons
- Actively bring swim lessons graduates onto the swim team by inviting swim lessons “graduates” to join the team and explaining to them and their guardians what the EISF tem offers as well as answering questions about their expectations.
How to Apply
Please send cover letter and resume to [email protected]