Applications due 05/02/21
Date posted: April 12, 2021
Location: 23 West Calle Concordia, Oro Valley, AZ, USA
The Flying Fish Arizona Swim Team (FAST) in Tucson Arizona is seeking an energetic, self-motivated, passionate swim coach to serve as the head site coach for our newly acquired site at the Ventana Canyon Country Club (VC).
The VC site is home to one of our swim lesson programs, a competitive year-round swim team, and a very successful summer league swim team. All programs at VC fall under the FAST business and team umbrella.
The FAST swim lesson program services swimmers, ages 3-12 years old, who are learning to swim and/or hoping to join swim team. Our competitive year-round swim team at VC is designed to help each individual swimmer achieve their individual goals while training together as a team. The competitive team will have monthly opportunities to train with our Oro Valley program as well as be offered opportunities to train in our high-performance track. These groups are split from 10&Under, 11-14, and high school aged swimmers. The FAST summer league program is a powerhouse in the Southern Arizona Aquatic Association!
The FAST swim club has three pool sites across the greater Tucson area making us the largest team in Tucson. We currently average running 6 swim meets a year and have recently reached level 1 status for the USA swimming club recognition program, with plans of reaching level 2 status by the end of this year.
Head Site Coach duties include:
- Coach and manage 10&Under, 11-14, and 15&Up swimmers while managing assistant coach roles at VC.
- Coordinate evaluations for all incoming swimmers eligible for the Ventana Canyon site.
- Emphasize the importance of proper technique, teamwork, learning in a group setting, work ethic, and sportsmanship.
- Work with seasonal competitive coaches to establish goals for FAST VC swimmers, oversee swimmer progress, and communicate progression plans.
- Oversee and supervise Ventana Canyon site staff. Report on monthly coach hours, vacation/sick days, and periodic reviews.
- Set practice schedules, practice groups, and criteria for advancement from group to group in partnership with the FAST Head Coach and Head Age Group Coach.
- Effectively manage swim team administrative tasks.
- Hold education meetings with parents and swimmers as agreed upon with the FAST Head Coach.
- Contribute to coaches’ communications including team news/updates.
- Communicate statistics on team members, such as practice and meet attendance, goal achievement, and team records.
- Develop cooperative and supportive relationships with the Ventana Canyon Country Club Management and Staff.
- Positively represent FAST in the local community as well as within the Arizona Swimming community.
- Communicate effectively with FAST Head Coach and Board of Directors.
- Abide by and actively uphold the USA Swimming Code of Conduct and all M.A.A.P.P. policies.
Additional Swim Lesson Program duties include:
- Assist in managing FAST swim lesson program; including staffing, scheduling, and registration.
- Propose schedule for FAST swim lesson program: Fall, Spring, & Summer.
- Propose schedule for FAST swim lesson instructors for all seasons to maximize our space and participation.
- Recommend for hire all FAST VC swim lesson instructors.
- Perform FAST swim lesson instructor’s training twice a year.
- Monitor, and manage wait list.
- Supervise all FAST swim lesson classes.
- Create progress report to verify that instructors have properly entered information for each participant regarding what skills they have passed and what skills they may need to work on.
- Be the “face” of the FAST swim lesson program in VC by interacting with both participants and their guardians.
- Answer all emails and phone calls regarding FAST swim lesson program at VC and evaluations.
- Actively bring FAST swim lesson program swimmer graduates onto the swim team.
Additional Summer Swim Program duties include:
- Assist Summer League Head Coach (SLHC) in developing and implementing summer league program at VC.
- Work with SLHC in hiring and managing assistant coaches.
- Assist SLHC in planning and running all 6 summer league home meets.
- Assist SLHC in implementing summer league practice schedule.
- Recruit summer league swimmers to join our year-round swim team.
- US citizen eligible to work in Arizona.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 5+ years of coaching experience with administrative responsibilities.
- Competitive swimming experience at collegiate level preferred.
- Experience with Team Unify platform. Have the ability to handle registration and website needs.
- Strong work ethic and commitment to team’s goals and assigned responsibilities.
- On deck schedule is Monday-Saturday before & after school during the academic calendar with additional hours required for swim meets and administrative duties.
- Strong communication skills to effectively communicate with parents, swimmers, and other coaches (email, phone, face to face)
The Flying Fish Arizona Swim Team offers a competitive salary package commensurate with experience. The package includes a base salary, paid vacation, paid professional development, travel expense reimbursement for meets, and incentives for growth in role.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, coaching philosophy statement, and a reference list of at least three professional references by email to [email protected]