Applications due 08/31/21
Date posted: July 13, 2021
Location: Kirkland, WA, USA
Head Development Group Coach Kirkland, WA
The mission of Wave Aquatics is to create an environment where excellence is expected every day.
WAVE Aquatics (https://www.teamunify.com/team/wave/page/home) was formed in 1987 when Northshore, Redmond, and Totem Lake swim teams merged in order to provide more opportunity and a stronger foundation for swimmers in the Lake Washington and Northshore school district areas.
The team has grown in scope since its inception and is now a non-profit organization that:
- Operates a competitive swim team for kids age 5 and up
- Operates a masters (adult) swim team and adult triathlon training group
- Manages the Juanita Aquatic Center on behalf of the Lake Washington School District
- Manages the Redmond Aquatic Center on behalf of the City of Redmond
- Offers a terrific learn to swim program at both the Juanita and Redmond Aquatic Centers
Wave Aquatics is led by the coaching staff and the Executive Board of Directors. We are affiliated with USA Swimming (USA-S) Pacific Northwest Swimming (PNS) and the Greater Seattle Swimming Association (GSSA).
Primary Job Responsibilities:
Wave Aquatics Swim Team is looking for a Head Development coach to work with the Head Coaches, Senior Coaches, and other Lead Coaches to develop structure and direction of the Age Group program, including training blocks, team building, and dryland. WAVE currently has 25-30 swimmers in the group directly coached by the hired individual and 200+ swimmers in the age group program. The Head Development Coach reports directly to the Head Coach of WAVE Aquatics. The ideal candidate is interested in challenging athletes to take charge of their success in and out of the pool.
Other job responsibilities include:
- Help in the development of a diverse and competitive Age Group Program in coordination with the rest of the coaching staff.
- Support a healthy learning environment where swimmers and coaches of different background can excel.
- Enhance the athlete-first culture among swimmers, parents, and staff
- Assist in staff enhancement to support the team’s mission to expect excellence daily.
- Attend swim team events including meets (1-2 per month), team building events, coach/staff meetings (1-2 weekly), and fundraising events.
- Continue to find avenues to grow/learn as a coach and leader.
- Establish and support healthy relations with swim team parents, including educating with them on the WAVE Way.
- Maintain all coach and safety certifications
- Any other responsibilities or administrative work assigned from the Head Coach
Qualifications & Preferences:
Candidates of diverse identities and backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply
- Demonstrate leadership qualities.
- Preferred minimum 3 years coaching experience, with preference on leadership roles.
- Member in good standing with current LSC & USA Swimming
- USA Swimming Deck Pass credentials
- Bachelor’s Degree (Preferred, not required)
How to Apply
Send all resumes and references to:
Head Coach & Executive Director