Applications due 06/30/19
Location: 208 Park Ave, San Fernando, CA, USA
Rattler Swim Club (RTLR) is looking for an enthusiastic Head Coach who will continue to grow the program, foster athlete development, and create a positive and productive training environment. We are a 501c(3) program with a supportive board located in San Fernando, CA. We operate out of the San Fernando Regional Pool, an outdoor Olympic size (25y x 50m) facility. The Head Coach will run the Senior training group and work with a staff of four to run the other training groups.
- – Implement team philosophy on coaching, swimmer development, and team progression.
- – Establish workout groups, practice schedule, and criteria for advancement.
- – On deck coaching of Senior training group (currently consists of 6 – 2 hour pool training sessions and 3 – 1 hour dryland sessions – with an additional 4 morning practices and 2 yoga sessions during summer schedule)
- Supervise and mentor coaching staff
- Plan competition schedule; attend all Senior group meets
- Establish and maintain regular and timely communication with swimmers, parents, coaches and board members (via TeamUnify)
- Attend board meetings
- Work with LA County staff to maintain pool contracts with pool locations
- Meet entry submission and payment in accordance with meet deadlines
- Process monthly billing (through TeamUnify) including meet fees, Family Fundraising Commitments, and other miscellaneous charges.
- Process payroll on a bimonthly basis
- Three (3) years as a head or senior coach
- Current USA Swimming certification
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to interact with all levels of athletes, parents, Board of Directors, and outside personnel (Spanish speaking is a huge advantage).
- Good team management skills, highly organized
- Up-to-date understanding of current coaching techniques through research and continuing education
- Familiarity with TeamUnify platform
- Bachelor’s degree and college swimming experience preferred
**Must pass USA Swimming background screening and complete coach requirements
**Minimum 3 references
Salary based on qualifications and experience.
Deadline: June 28, 2019
How to Apply