North Whidbey Aquatic Club (NWAC) is searching for an energetic Head Coach to develop our swimmers and grow our program. The Head Coach will be responsible for all aspects of operating a year-round competitive swim program. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Contribute to the development and implementation of overall team philosophy on coaching and swimmer development.
- Oversee training group placement, team population and athletes’ performance.
- Coaches athletes to develop and achieve their highest personal athletic potential.
- Develop and maintain formal dry land training program for appropriate training groups.
- Collaborate with the President to develop seasonal training schedules.
- Develop annual meet schedule.
- Prepare the Head Coach report for all Blue Heron Booster Club (BHBC) Board meetings.
- Collaborate with Treasurer to prepare an annual team budget.
- Communicate necessary team and meet information to parents and athletes.
- Develop a sense of community, culture and loyalty amongst our membership.
- Create an environment where athletes work as a team to promote positive influences, grow confidence and enthusiasm, and practice good sportsmanship.
- Recruitment – maintain a relationship with summer league swim clubs, high schools and local health organizations to support NWAC athlete/staff recruiting.
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 3-5 years experience as an age group coach of a competitive swim team.
- USA Swimming registered swim coach and able to pass the USA Swimming background check and USA Athlete Protection Program.
- American Swimming Coaches Association (ASCA) Level 2 or higher.
- Track record of swimmer retention, recruitment and development at all levels.
- Experienced with Team Unify and Hy-Tek Sports Software.
- Up-to-date understanding of latest coaching techniques through research and continuing education.
- Strong Interpersonal and communications skills to deal effectively with all levels of employees, club members, athletes, parents, Board of Directors and outside personnel.
- Ability to develop and implement a cohesive vision and coaching philosophy throughout the program, building swimmers from novice through senior levels.
- An inspirational leader with a positive outlook, enthusiasm and care for the well-being of swimmers.
- Even-handed and fair treatment of all athletes, regardless of ability or seniority level.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred)
Salary based on qualifications, experience and team swimmer counts and eligible for additional salary incentives.
How to Apply
Please email resume, along with coaching philosophy, and three references to Ty Tyson at [email protected]
P.O. Box 2481
Oak Harbor, WA 98277