Location: Bloomington, IN, USA
Position: Indiana Swim Club Head Coach
ISC is seeking an experienced, energetic and competitive head coach to join our dynamic team. The individual will be responsible for the club development from beginner to elite levels, club administration, oversight of training plans and staffing, and providing a long-term strategic direction. This is a full-time, year-round salaried position.
About the Club:
Indiana Swim Club (ISC) was originally founded in 1955 by the legendary Dr. James E. “Doc” Counsilman as a competitive swimming program for children ages 5-21. As a nonprofit 501(c)3 organization, ISC is run by a Board of Directors, consisting of parents and other interested members of the community, in tandem with the Head Coach. ISC has approximately 150+ athletes and is a member in good standing of both USA Swimming and Indiana Swimming, Inc. Our mission is to encourage youth in the Bloomington area to experience the sport of swimming at a variety of levels, from the beginning swimmer to the national caliber swimmer, in a safe and supportive environment that fosters discipline, sportsmanship, and self-esteem. Currently ISC offers an excellent opportunity for a visionary leader to set a direction for additional growth and success.
Position Responsibility Overview
● Provide leadership, day-to-day management, and strategic planning.
● Increase club growth and visibility, from swimmer recruitment to participation at the highest levels of the sport. (i.e. Age Group Zone Championships, Futures, Junior Nationals, Nationals, Olympic Trials).
● Design and implement a comprehensive and progressive competitive swim program meeting the needs of beginner, competitive and elite athletes.
● Mentor and manage a dynamic group of coaches at multiple sites.
● Be highly visible, approachable and responsive with swimmers, parents, coaching staff, Board of Directors, community partners and other staff and meet officials as needed.
● Work with the Board of Directors to help prepare an annual budget and ensure all operations are kept within the established budget.
● Maintain a swim lesson program.
● Attend professional development activities.
A successful candidate should possess:
● A passion for the sport and thorough mastery of swim stroke mechanics and current coaching techniques.
● Strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal skills and the ability to supervise and lead staff in providing excellent customer service.
● Strong strategic, creative, problem-solving and organization skills.
● Experience and familiarity with Team Unify Software, including meet entry, website updates, general communication and overall team administration.
● High level of maturity, patience and dependability while working with swimmers of all ages and abilities.
● USA member Swim Coach in good standing.
● All appropriate and valid licenses/certifications/registrations for USA Swimming and swimmer safety.
● A four-year college degree.
● Current U.S. work authorization is required for this position
• A minimum of 4 year coaching experience at a club or higher level
• ASCA Certification (Level 2 or above)
• Previous Head Coach experience
How to Apply
- Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume/CV, and a brief statement of coaching philosophy to: [email protected]