Applications due 04/01/20
Location: 2002 Marsh Rd, Wilmington, DE 19810, USA
HEAD COACH – GRAYLYN GATORS
Graylyn Crest Swim Club (GCSC) is a private club located in Wilmington, DE. GCSC has been a haven for summer swimming and a source of fun and relaxation for generations of families. GSCS offers various aquatics programs including a swim team and swim lessons. The GCSC family is looking for a Head Swim Coach to lead our competitive swim club, the Gators, for many summers to come!
The Graylyn Gators Swim Team is a summer recreational swim team with a long history of success. The Gators compete in the top division (Red) of the North Brandywine Swim League (NBSL). We have approximately 100 swimmers ranging in ages from 4-18 years old. The season kicks off at the end of May and regular practices begin in June. We conclude the season with the NBSL Classic and NBSL Invitational swim meets, followed by the swim team party, which usually takes place the third weekend in July.
A successful candidate will bring a passion for swimming, a desire to teach, technical skills in coaching all age levels, and the inspiration to develop strong team spirit and camaraderie. This is a unique experience for a Head Coach who is interested in a summer filled with camaraderie, hard work, and dedicated swimmers and families!
- The Head Coach is expected to be available for all events including daily practices Monday through Friday from 9:00am to 11:30am (including weekly age group evening mechanics sessions) and weekly swim meets.
- Supervise assistant coaches and prepare practices and workouts
- Maintain a positive and supportive attitude toward the other members of the coaching staff, swimmers of all ability, Swim Team Board Members and parents.
- Supervise and ensure safety in and around the pool including organizing coaching staff to provide appropriate locker room supervision.
- Prepare swimmers for competition in swim meets in a fun, positive environment
- Effectively manage and oversee assistant and junior coaches
- Create lineups and prepare meet entries
- Communicate clearly with parents on a regular basis
- Collaborate with swim club volunteers to run smooth swim meets
- NBSL coaching experience a plus.
- Salary commensurate with experience and free GCSC membership included.
How to Apply
Send resume, cover letter, professional certifications, etc. to George Tsakumis at [email protected]. Feel free to call/text (302) 367-8285 with any questions. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, but the Board plans to fill the position by April 1, 2020.