The Brookings Swim Club (BSC), a USA Swimming club in Brookings, SD, is seeking an inspiring full time or part time Head Coach with excellent leadership, technical expertise, communication and team building skills to coach and mentor our year-round team of approximately 75 athletes. We have consistently had swimmers attending Junior Nationals, Sectionals, Zones and going on to compete at the collegiate level. Because South Dakota does not have swimming as a sanctioned high school sport, our athletes swim with the Club year-round; therefore this position offers a unique opportunity to develop a program that will maximize excellence and allow strong and continuous coach/team bonding.
Brookings is the 4th largest city in South Dakota (24,000+ population) and is the home of South Dakota State University. It is a vibrant, growing community with an excellent school system and a safe, friendly and progressive environment. It is located less than an hour drive from the Sioux Falls metropolitan area (250,000+ population).
- Coach senior and junior groups and oversee other groups. This includes, but is not limited to, developing a swim program that is technically, age and developmentally appropriate.
- Supervise, mentor and evaluate assistant coaches, including preparation of daily and seasonal workouts, skill sets, group practices.
- Support the team’s mission, vision and core values by providing leadership and team management in a professional manner. Ensure that all team operations are completed in a timely and organized manner.
- Attend swim meets throughout the winter and summer seasons.
- Attend and participate in Board meetings as a non-voting member.
- Lead swimmer recruitment/retention efforts.
- Foster solid relationships with athletes and families.
- Meet all USA Swimming coaching requirements
- At least 2 years of swim coaching experience and 1 year of management/administrative experience
- Must be a US citizen or currently eligible to work in the US
- Provide a positive and challenging environment in which swimmers of all abilities may improve their skills
- Ability to incorporate fun in the training program to enhance and foster the team experience
- ASCA level 2 certification or higher
- Previous experience as head coach
- Experience as a competitive swimmer
- 4 year college degree
Salary and Application Requirements
BSC offers a competitive salary package commensurate with experience.
Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest, coaching philosophy statement, resume and contact information for 3 professional references.
This position is available as of August 14, 2018 and will remain open until filled.
How to Apply
To apply, please visit www.brookingsswimclub.com and select “Online Job Application” under the “Coach Search” tab.