Applications due 07/20/22
Date posted: July 5, 2022
Location: 309 Church Rd, Bethel Park, PA, USA
The Bethel Park Recreation Swim Team is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Head Swim Coach. Applicants for the head coach position should have a strong background in competitive swimming including technical instruction, advanced training, and coaching.
About Bethel Park Swimming….
The Municipality of Bethel Park and the BPRSTPA Parent Board work in cooperation to continue to bring the Bethel Park Recreation Swim Team to local athletes of all ages and experience levels. Since its establishment in 1963, Bethel Park Recreation Swim Team athletes have experienced success at all levels of swimming, from summer Country Club Leagues all the way to the Olympic Team Trials. More importantly, the team has helped produce lifelong athletes and citizens who use lessons learned in our sport to make a difference in the world today.
Success is Tradition…..
For over 50 years, Bethel Park Recreation Swim Team athletes have continuously been successful at both the local and national level. With 4 Olympic Team Trials qualifiers, and a number of athletes competing at Nationals, Junior Nationals, Sectionals, Zones, and local Junior Olympic Championships, Bethel Park is known for producing some of the area’s top swimmers. These athletes are a direct result in the success of Bethel Park High School’s Varsity Swim & Dive Program which has compiled 12 P.I.A.A. State Championships and 52 W.P.I.A.L. Championships between both the Boy’s and Girl’s Teams. Our team continues to strive towards becoming one of the premier swimming programs in the country.
Responsibilities include providing oversight of the training of all groups of the Bethel Park Rec Swim Team. The supervision and mentoring of all BPR coaches, and communication with staff, board members, parents, swimmers and other entities. The head coach works collaboratively with the board to grow and promote the BPR club and the sport of swimming in and around surrounding communities.
- Use up to date training methods to incorporate into swim workouts
- Write and instruct dryland workouts
- Collaborates with coaches on swim and dryland workouts
- Have a passion and ability to create a positive, inclusive environment where all swimmers are inspired to improve and succeed
- Have a familiarity with swimmers in each group
- Creates an environment where training is challenging, fun, and appropriate for all ages of swimmers
- Lead swimmer recruitment/retention efforts for all swim groups
- Decide meet schedule for SC and LC seasons and will submit meet entries.
- Promote the Mission, Vision and Philosophy of the Swim Club
- Ensure that all team operations are completed in a timely and organized manner
- Attend and participate in monthly Board meetings as a non-voting member
- Have prior leadership of a coaching group and demonstrate the ability to direct staff.
- Conducts regular staff meetings
- Review time sheets to ensure proper reporting
- Makes coaching assignments for all swim meets
- Hold a current swim coach certification with USA Swimming.
- Be a coaching member in good standing with USA Swimming.
- Knowledge of the USA Center for Safe Sport policies and procedures and implementations by USA Swimming.
- Have and maintain current certifications (Athlete protection, CPR, First Aid, Concussion Protocol, PA state clearances)
- Full Time Position
- Annual salary $43,000 – $48,000
- Sign On bonus
- Benefits reimbursement
- Travel expenses associated with team travel
- Incentive based compensation available
- Please visit our website at org to find more about our program
Anticipated Start Date July 1, 2022
How to Apply
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should submit a resume, cover letter, summary of coaching philosophy and at least three references. For consideration, please submit your materials no later than July 20, 2022. All documents can be emailed to Taryn Powell at [email protected]. All submissions will be acknowledged.
309 Church Rd