Location: 4318 Lone Oak Road Southeast, Salem, OR, USA
Courtside Aquatic at Salem Tennis and Swim Club
4318 Lone Oak Rd
Salem, OR 97306
Head Coach and Aquatics Director/Facility Manager
Salary Range: $30,000 to $40,000 (with incentives) dependent on experience and qualifications.
Club: Courtside Aquatic Team
Reports To: Salem Tennis and Swim Club and Courtside Aquatic Management
The Courtside Aquatic team is a year-round USA competitive swim team offering high-quality professional coaching technique instruction for all ages and abilities. We pride ourselves on offering a fun positive environment where every swimmer no matter their level has the opportunity to learn and grow. We have two practice locations. Our main senior and junior site is at Salem Tennis and Swim Club and the other site is at Willamette University.
We are seeking a Head Coach and Aquatic/Facility Director to oversee all aspects of coaching and day to day aquatics operations.
Serve as Aquatic Director and Head Swim Coach under the direction of Courtside Aquatic management. Perform the following duties personally.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Other Duties may be assigned.
1. Supervise all aspects of the Aquatics Facility, including but not limited to: facility scheduling, lifeguard scheduling, outside group rental, and swim lessons.
2. Direct all aspects of the senior and age group swim programs.
3. Responsible for certifying that all coaches are CPR/First Aid certification. And USA/OSI certifications are all current.
4. Maintain the swimming pool quality standards that meet government and health requirements.
5. Schedule and perform minor repairs to pool equipment as needed.
6. Monitor Chemical treatment, clean and back flush filters.
7. Keep pool area clean and free from hazards.
8. Maintain records on all pool processes to assure proper control.
9. Order supplies as needed.
10. Supervise Lifeguard schedules and duties.
11. Prepare required reports for Maintenance and Athletics.
12. Respond to all administrative correspondence in the policies requested time frame and attend all staff meetings.
13. Ensure the safety, physical and social welfare of student-athletes.
Directly supervises employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Courtside Aquatics policies and procedures. Responsibilities include interviewing and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Knowledge of pool maintenance procedures, including chemical treatment, sanitizing, cleaning, filtrations systems, problem diagnosis, draining etc.
Skill with use of pool maintenance tools, chemicals and equipment.
Skill in use of personal computers and related software applications.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to work effectively with diverse faculty, staff and athletes.
Ability to develop and maintain record keeping systems and procedures.
Education and or Experience
Must have current USA Swimming Coaching Certification and three to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. CPR, First Aid and U.S. Coaching certification required. Athletic experience in swimming, previous coaching experience preferred.
We offer a competitive salary, with the possibility for certain benefits, based on the candidates qualifications and experience.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit inquiries and resumes to Davis and Tracie Evenson Owners of Courtside Aquatic and Salem Tennis and Swim Club. Emails at [email protected] and/or [email protected]
How to Apply
please email [email protected]
Contact Information4318 Lone Oak Rd S Salem OR 97306