Applications due 07/05/18
Location: Thornton, CO, USA
Front Range Barracudas (CUDA-CO) is a level 3 USA Swim team located in North Metro Denver. CUDA is seeking energetic, passionate and qualified candidates for the position of Head Age Group Coach. Our ideal candidate possesses a strong work ethic and innovate approach to swimming and age group coaching. This position reports directly to the CUDA Head Coach. Expected start date is August 19, 2018.
The primary training facility for our approximately 230-member team is a 10 lane 50-meter indoor pool located in Thornton, CO. Other local facilities are used as well. We host 4 large meets annually (ranging from 700-1,300 athletes) as well as having been the host of CSI’s short course championship for the past six years. We have made measurable growth on USA Swimming’s Virtual Club Championship Rankings, and have a goal to continue that progress.
Duties and Tasks (include but are not limited to):
▪ Lead age group in practice on a daily basis.
▪ Work with Head Coach to design and implement seasonal plans for CUDA age group athletes.
▪ Work with dryland coach to design and implement seasonal strength plans for all CUDA age group athletes.
▪ Assist with planning meet schedule that gives best competitive opportunities to CUDA athletes.
▪ Host and plan well organized information meetings at the beginning of short course and long course seasons.
▪ Responsible for communication and scheduling try-outs (based on space available) for all potential new swimmers.
▪ Responsible for working with vendor on all awards for home meets.
▪ Demonstrate strong and reliable communication skills to parents and swimmers, including, but not limited to, meet deadlines, and informational meeting reminders.
▪ Demonstrate professional and courteous communication skills when interacting with parents, coaches and facility staff members.
▪ Responsible for effectively assessing swimmers and communicating group move ups at the end of each season.
▪ Must maintain all appropriate certifications.
▪ Ability to possess or maintain all required USA Swimming coaching requirements – required
▪ Competitive swimming experience – required
▪ Demonstrated success of swimmers by performance – required
▪ Five years’ experience of successful age group coaching – required
▪ 10 years’ experience of age group coaching – preferred
▪ Four-year college degree – preferred
▪ Experience with Hy-Tek Software and Team Unify platform – preferred
Salary negotiable and commensurate with experience. 401k retirement account plus healthcare and dental insurance offered. CUDA will reimburse cost for job specific certifications and to other professional training as directed by the Head Coach.
How to Apply
Please submit resume and cover letter to [email protected]