Applications due 07/31/18
The University Place Aquatic Club (UPAC) is seeking a qualified individual to act as the Head Age Group Coach of the non-profit, USAS sanctioned swim club. UPAC practices primarily out of Curtis High School (University Place, WA) and Pacific Lutheran University (Parkland, WA). The club consists of over 120 swimmers ages 5-18, and has placed in the Top 8 for Team Scores recently at the PNS Championship and the Northwest Age Group Regional Championship meets.
The UPAC Head Age Group Coach will work closely with the Head Coach, other UPAC assistant coaches, and UPAC Board of Directors on and off deck to coach, manage, educate, and develop UPAC’s developmental and age group training groups.
Job will be a part-time, salaried position with a compensation of $20,000-$25,000 annually, commensurate with experience. Please send cover letter, resume, and three professional references to Head Coach Alex Reed at [email protected]. Must be able to start by the beginning of UPAC’s 2018 Short Course season, August 27, 2018. Resumes will be accepted through July 1, 2018 before a short list of candidates is created, although the position will remain open until filled.
· On-deck and off-deck coaching and season planning for UPAC’s Age Group Elite training group- a group of 20-25 PNS Champs qualified swimmers, primarily ages 12&Under. Swimmers in this group have performed at high age group swimming levels, and during the 2017-2018 season the group produced multiple PNS Champs and Age Group Regional Champions
· Must be available and able to attend practices between 4:00-7:30 pm M-F at Curtis High School and Pacific Lutheran University. Saturday morning practices also must be attended
· On-deck help where needed with UPAC’s other developmental and age group training groups
· Work closely with other UPAC assistant coaches and UPAC membership chair to facilitate monthly swimmer training group advancements in developmental and age group training groups
· Design and conduct quarterly parent education presentations on the sport of swimming and athlete development
· Attend 1-2 swim meets monthly, plus additional Championship Meets
· Current CPR/First Aid/Lifeguard/USAS Coaching certifications (including background check), or the ability to obtain said certifications prior to start date
· 3+ years of USAS coaching experience, or equivalent education/experience
· Familiarity with Team Unify interface, or ability to learn
· Basic clerical skills including email and other communication channels
· A strong motivation to be a successful coach and a desire to become a critical component to a fast growing and improving team by helping cultivate a positive and safe environment where athletes are challenged in a healthy and constructive way, fostering long term success in the sport of swimming
How to Apply
Please send cover letter, resume, and three professional references to Head Coach Alex Reed at [email protected]. Must be able to start by the beginning of UPAC’s 2018 Short Course season, August 27, 2018. Resumes will be accepted through July 1, 2018 before a short list of candidates is created, although the position will remain open until filled.
phone: 253 514 0379