Applications due 08/07/16
Sioux Falls Swim Team (SFST) is a new team in Sioux Falls, SD, made up of the former SF Snowfox and SF Seals teams. We have 235 swimmers throughout the various age groups and will be practicing in a brand new $24 million state of the art facility. SFST is a non-profit, board supported swim program. We are searching for two energetic head age group coaches to work with our head coach and develop our swimmers, continue our success at the LSC level and increase our regional and national presence.
About the Position/Responsibilities:
The selected applicant will be the full time coach for developmental or pre-competitive swimmers. Duties will include: •
- Coaching student athletes pursuant to the club’s mission and vision. •
- Working with others on coaching staff to ensure continuity of training at all levels. •
- Attending regular staff meetings and providing reports on progress of swimmers you are primarily responsible for.
- Overseeing SFST’s summer/winter seasonal swim programs and training for identified age group.
- Assisting in determining appropriate workout group for each athlete and assist in updating group requirements/progression as needed. •
- Directly coaching the Developmental or Pre-Competitive Age Group Swimmers, focusing on stroke technique. •
- Setting workout schedules for identified swimmers. •
- Being a positive role model, maintaining high ethical and moral standards, and adhering to USA Swimming’s Coach’s Code of Conduct. •
- Assisting in marketing SFST and act as media liaison. •
- Assisting and supporting all fundraising activities. •
- Attending South Dakota LSC meetings. •
- Attending periodic parent meetings to educate and inform.
- Prospective employees must be USA-Swimming registered swim coach and able to pass USA-Swimming background check and USA-Swimming Athlete Protection Program.
- Candidate must have excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Candidate must be able to motivate swimmers of all abilities to achieve their full potential.
- Candidate must have ability to work with others on the coaching staff to ensure consistent implementation of team philosophy and goals.
Competitive salary, commensurate with experience.
Start date flexible depending on applicant responsibilities.
How to Apply
Send email to [email protected]