Applications due 05/07/17
Memphis Tiger Swimming (memphistigerswimming.com) is seeking to fill a full-time position of Head Age Group Coach. The qualified individual will report to the Head Coach. Memphis Tiger Swimming is home to 175 swimmers ranging from novice to national qualifiers. The team is located in Memphis, TN. and trains in a 50 meter x 25-yard pool at the University of Memphis campus recreation center.
MTS is looking for a coach who is enthusiastic, positive, and creates a love for the sport of swimming. This coach will be the lead coach for the Blue group (Advanced competitive swimmers, generally ages 10-12) and help with other groups as needed. In addition to strength of character and being an excellent role model, the candidate should have a strong work ethic and a selfless attitude. This candidate must have good organizational and communication skills with athletes and parents, and be an ambassador for our program who will actively seek and help attract new swimmers.
Responsibilities: Include, but are not limited to, Practices Monday – Friday evenings; and Saturday mornings; meet entries; coach’s meetings; performance tracking; communicating with parents, and conducting parent meetings. Will work in conjunction with the head coach and other staff to motivate, develop character building, goal setting, and both physical and mental positive training techniques. The Head Age Coach will reflect and support the MTS mission and vision statement. In addition to coaching on deck and team Web Master, administrative duties will be assigned per the Head Coach. Head Age Group coach will attend swim meets (home and away) – usually 1 every 3-5 weeks.
- Supervises the age-group coaching staff and leads a competitive aquatic program that fosters both personal and athletic growth among participants.
- Utilizes developmentally-appropriate teaching techniques to instruct diverse participant groups.
- Proficient in the rules and regulations of swim meets, swimmer eligibility, stroke and turn technique and other related aspects of competitive swimming.
- Coach athletes in swimming form and technique.
- Plan and execute structured workouts and coordinate competitive events.
- Adapt your teaching approaches to the age, experience, and ability of participants.
- Promote team spirit and good sportsmanship at all times.
- Effectively communicate verbally to the head coach, staff and participants. Keep participants and parents informed about their progress. Inform, coordinator and/or supervisor of any safety issues or concerns.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Team Unify, Meet Manager, and general office skills are also required.
- Have at least 3-5 years previous competitive coaching experience preferred
- Must possess current USA Swimming coach certifications in good standing and pass all required background checks.
- Will work in conjunction with Parent Operating Committee on social events.
- Will oversee sending out Monthly Newsletter/Weekly Notice.
- Salary is competitive with full health insurance benefits. Must be legal to work in the United States.
Please send cover letter, resume, references, philosophy of coaching, and a copy of current USA Swimming card to Head Coach Ben Davis, [email protected]. For more information, you can call Ben Davis, 205-706-7893. Job is open until filled.
How to Apply
Email resume to [email protected]