Applications due 07/31/22
Date posted: July 11, 2022
Location: 25281 Empty Saddle Drive, Laguna Hills, CA, USA
About the Organization
Evolution Racing Club is a youth-serving, non-profit (501 c3), year-round competitive swim team with a rich history of serving Orange County residents. Our swimmer base consists of swimmers ages 5 – 18 (in general), from novice to Olympic Trial time standard skill level. Evolution Racing Club currently has over 350 registered year-round swimmers and 200 pre-competitive swimmers. The Evolution Racing Club participates in the very competitive Southern California Swimming LSC and is part of the Orange Committee. Evolution Racing Club currently operates in Laguna Hills, Ladera Ranch, and Santa Margarita Catholic High School. This posting is for a position at our Laguna Hills site.
Position: Evolution Racing Club Head Age-Group Coach & Site Supervisor
- USA Swimming certified coach with a track record for excellent results and swimmer retention
- Must be current on all USA Swimming coach membership requirements
- Must be a great communicator
- Must show administrative, and entrepreneurial leadership skills as this position include the supervision of one of our main training sites.
- Support, develop and show measurable success at coaching swimmers, ages 9-12, who are at blue time standard – Junior Olympic skill level
- In general, coaching responsibilities for this group take place between the hours of 3:30-6:30 pm , Monday – Friday.
- Must demonstrate a track record for strong season planning skills, including workouts, dry land, swim meets, and team-building activities.
- Must demonstrate strong administrative & communication skills, including a working knowledge of the Team Unify software.
- Must be willing to attend swim meets,
- Must be willing to attend monthly coaches’ meetings and share best practices.
- Must be willing to attend and support team activities that may be outside of the coaching realm.
- Must be willing to take attendance at each practice.
- Must be willing to meet with families that are new to the site, regardless of the group the family is participating in, and offer support
- Must be willing to do private swim lessons upon request
Compensation and Benefits:
- Pay is commensurate to the coaching experience
- Private lesson opportunities
- Swim lesson instruction opportunities
- Continuing education opportunities
We are currently interviewing for this position and it will remain open until the position has been filled.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter, resume, 3 references, and a brief description of your coaching philosophy to Felipe Delgado at [email protected].