Date posted: July 26, 2021
Location: 7500 University Drive, Bismarck, ND, USA
The University of Mary in Bismarck, ND is seeking applicants for a Graduate Assistant. This is a part-time exempt position. The Graduate Assistant for Women’s Swimming supports the head coach in all aspects of the swimming program. This position will assist in travel planning, recruiting, practice planning, meet management, public relations, scheduling, out-of-pool activities, player communication, and other duties as needed.
Candidates will be invited to demonstrate a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities Include:
- Coordinates recruitment, setting up visits and follow-up meetings with potential student athletes
- Assists with developing our student athletes with skill development, academic and social skills
- Assists in leading and facilitating practices for all athletes
- Assists with meet preparation, community events, travel and other office duties as assigned; may coordinate personnel and equipment transportation and accommodations
- Assist with social media accounts
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience include:
- Bachelor’s degree required and full-time enrollment in a graduate program – must meet eligibility requirements for admission to Graduate Studies at the University of Mary
- Previous swimming and/or coaching experience is required
- Collegiate swimming and/or coaching experience is preferred
- Learns and maintains a working knowledge of NCAA rules, standards, practices, and procedures
- Must have knowledge pertaining to competitive swimming
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills
- Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
- Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
- Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the Office of Intercollegiate Athletics and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
This position also includes:
- Graduate Tuition waiver (all 36 credits of Master’s degree)
- A stipend is provided ($3,750/12 months)
- A partial meal plan is provided (75 meals/semester)
How to Apply
Click here to apply from the UMary career page.
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The University of Mary-Department of Athletics
7500 University Drive
Bismarck, ND 58504