Date posted: June 3, 2021
Location: Whittier, CA, USA
The Department of Athletics at Whittier College (NCAA Division III) is now accepting applications for the Graduate Assistant Men’s and Women’s Swimming Coach position beginning the 2021-2022 school year.
This position provides full-time graduate tuition waiver (fall and spring) as well as a stipend. Applicants must be accepted into Whittier College graduate school of Education and Certification and meet minimum requirements required for graduate assistantship.
The successful candidate will assist in conducting the men’s & women’s swimming program within the philosophy and guidelines set forth by Whittier College, the NCAA, and the SCIAC Conference. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: coaching, recruiting, scheduling, budget management, academic monitoring, and other duties as assigned by the Head Swimming Coach. Bachelor’s Degree and valid driver’s license required.
Strong organizational and communication skills are expected. Experience with intercollegiate swimming and diving program is desired. The successful candidate will be a person of integrity with high ethical standards and exhibit a strict adherence to NCAA, Summit, University and departmental rules and regulations.
- Assist with the development of practice materials and help lead practice accordingly under the direction of the head coach.
- Assist with travel plans, planning and coordinating program events.
- Participate in scouting and recruitment of prospective student-athletes
- Assist with other duties as assigned by the head coach.
Education, Experience and Skills Required
- Must be accepted into Graduate School of Education at Whittier College.
- Excellent communication, organization, and leadership skills required.
- Computer literacy with an emphasis on spreadsheets preferred.
- Some experience using Colorado Timing Systems, Hy-Tek software, and Meet Manager
- Ability to obtain CPR and First Aid certification.
- Required to work early mornings and weekends.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until a successful candidate is chosen.
How to Apply
HOW TO APPLY
Send Resume to [email protected]