Date posted: May 19, 2021
Location: 660 South 11th Street, Indiana, PA, USA
Graduate Assistant- Office of Swimming and Aquatics
- This position is overseen by the Head Swimming Coach/Aquatics Director and directly supervised by Assistant Swimming Coach/Aquatics Director for Operations.
- Provide support to the daily endeavors of the swimming and aquatics office including by not limited to:
- Supervision of the student-lifeguards/instructor staff including scheduling, training, evaluating, and covering of open shifts for lifeguards and instructors.
- Management of facility memberships, day passes, swimming lessons, and fitness classes in addition to promoting and planning these activities.
- Assisting in the operation of rental group swim meets by running timing system and meet management software.
- Assisting in the promotion, planning, organization, and operation of any camps/clinics offered by the Office of Swimming and Aquatics.
- Various projects and other responsibilities as assigned.
- Coaching duties may be assigned if opportunities exist and interest is applicable.
- Minimum qualifications:
- Bachelors degree
- Acceptance into an IUP’s Graduate Program within the Department of Kinesiology, Health, and Human Services.
- Ability to organize and work in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to interact in a positive manner with faculty, staff, students, and members of the Indiana community.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office Applications
- Basic understanding of social media platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Basic swimming competence and ability to pass the American Red Cross Lifeguarding Course.
- Preferred Qualifications
- Knowledge of aquatic programs such as swimming lessons, water aerobics, and aquatic safety.
- Current or recently expired lifeguarding, cpr/aed, and first aid certifications from in person provider such as American Red Cross, Ellis and Associates, YMCA, or Boy/Girl Scouts of America.
- Experience managing aquatic staff/lifeguards.
- Experience/knowledge of swim meet management software such as Colorado System 6 and HyTech Meet Manager.
How to Apply
Email inquiries to [email protected]
660 South 11th St.
Indiana PA 15705