Location: 23854 Vía Fabricante, Mission Viejo, CA, USA
Gators Swim Club is a youth-serving, non-profit (501 c3), year-round competitive swim team with a rich history in serving Orange County residents. Our swimmer base consists of swimmers ages 5 – 18 (in general), from novice to Junior National skill level. Gators Swim Club currently has over 300 registered year-round swimmers and 160 pre-competitive swimmers. The Gators Swim Club participates in the very competitive Southern California Swimming LSC and is part of the Orange Committee. Gators Swim Club currently operates in Laguna Hills, Ladera Ranch and Santa Margarita Catholic High School.
- Minimum 2 years prior coaching experience as a USA Swimming certified coach
- Must be current on all USA Swimming coach membership requirements
- Must be in good standing with all USA Swimming safety and background check requirements
- Support, develop and show measurable success at coaching swimmers, ages 11-14, who are either new to the sport and/or same-aged swimmers that have participated for at least 1 year and are looking to achieve “blue” time standards.
- Coaching responsibilities will start at 4:00 pm and end at 6:30 pm, Monday – Friday.
- Develop a season plan inclusive of swim meets, team building activities, parent communication, and milestones that you expect to achieve for each group.
- Complete swim-meet entries in a timely manner taking into consideration the individual needs of each swimmer entered in the meet.
- Attend swim meets that include the participation of swimmers that you coach.
- Coordinate goal meetings with each swimmer and align coach/swimmer goals for the season.
- Attend monthly coach’s meetings and share best practices.
- Develop and maintain a dryland program that includes age-appropriate activities that will help in each swimmer’s core strength development.
- Attend and support team activities that may be outside of the coaching realm.
- Take attendance at each practice.
- Communicate effectively with the administrative staff
- Communicate any time-off that does not fall within the vacation time description in the benefits section.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Hourly pay is commensurate with coaching experience
- Swim meet stipend for travel meets and vehicle miles paid for swim meets outside of the Orange County geography
- Continuing education opportunities
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter, resume, 3 references and a brief description of your coaching philosophy to Team Director Felipe Delgado at [email protected]
23854 Via Fabricante Unit G4
Mission Viejo, CA 92691