Applications due 07/20/19
Location: 3500 Mountain Lion Drive, Loveland, CO, USA
Loveland Swim Club is seeking a full-time Head Coach to start at the beginning of the Short Course season. Loveland is a well-established team (est. 1966) serving over 200 swimmers ages 4-college. We are strong competitors in the U.S. Western Zone with a team that includes multiple national champions, US Olympic Trials qualifiers, Senior and Junior National swimmers, and age-group all-stars. We train across several pools in the Loveland area and host several well-attended meets each year. The Loveland Swim Club is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization that is overseen by an elected board of directors. The Head Coach is supported by a team administrator, several assistant coaches from learn-to-swim through Senior level, and an outstanding group of parent volunteers. Loveland is located approximately 15 minutes south of Fort Collins, 1 hour north of Denver, and 30 minutes from the entrance to Rocky Mountain National Park. Skiing, fishing, hiking, mountain biking, and camping are all close by.
The Head Coach Will Be Responsible For:
- Maintaining the Loveland Swim Club tradition of imparting character and integrity through world class swimming
- Developing and implementing a comprehensive strategic plan that includes goals for swimming achievement as well as financial success
- Supervising, developing, and training coaching staff
- Negotiating pool lease details and building relationships with local school districts, cities, and municipalities
- Ensuring full compliance with all USA Swimming policies including MAPP
- Cultivating a growth mindset among parents, swimmers, and staff
- Building a culture of team unity and strength
Other Specific Duties Include:
- Communicating with coaches and staff to coordinate all aspects of team instruction and administration
- Communicating with parents and swimmers through email, meetings, social media, website posts, etc.
- Collaborating with Loveland BOD to develop and implement effective budgets, team support opportunities, fundraising, etc.
- Collaborating with coaches to plan meet and travel schedules and ensuring compliance with all USA Swimming and Loveland Swim Club policies
- Coordinating with parents and high school swimmers to assist them in the college recruitment process
- Coordinating with BOD and volunteers to organize team events and fundraisers
- Attending all required meetings with representatives from the team, city, USA Swimming, and other applicable entities
- Acting at all times with integrity and as a positive representative of Loveland Swim Club to the membership and the community at large
- 7+ years coaching experience with a USA Swimming and/or college level team
- ASCA Level 5 certification or equivalent experience
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred)
- Member in good standing of USA Swimming and current on all certifications
- Outstanding leadership and motivational skills with a strong sense of personal integrity
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong communicator both verbally and in writing
- Experience running Team Unify, Team Manager, and Meet Manager
- Good collaborator with ability to delegate efficiently
- Passion for coaching swimming and developing young athletes!
Competitive salary commensurate with experience
How to Apply
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should submit a resume, cover letter, and at least three references. For consideration, please submit your materials no later than midnight on July 20, 2019. All documents can be emailed to [email protected] All submissions will be acknowledged. The interview process will take place over the phone with the final round of interviews performed in person in Loveland, CO. Partial reimbursement of travel expenses for final round applicants will be available.