Applications due 04/28/17
Friends Select School is a 550-student, co-educational, prekindergarten through twelfth grade, college preparatory, independent school located in Center City Philadelphia. The school carries out its mission in a manner reflective of the spiritual and social testimonies of the Religious Society of Friends.
Friends Select School is currently seeking applicants for a full-time Head Aquatics Club Coach/Aquatics Director to lead our year-round age group team of approximately 100 athletes. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, facilitating practices of the Gold group, coordinating coaching staff, attending meets, participating in parent advisory meetings, and other administrative responsibilities.
- Meet all USA Swimming coaching requirements, ASCA level 2 or higher
- At least four years of swim coaching experience with head coach experience preferred
- Current Lifeguard Instructor and Lifeguard certifications
- Strong interpersonal skills, including written and verbal communication, decision making and conflict resolution
- Have excellent organizational skills
- Possess the administrative skills needed to carry out the various responsibilities of the program which include but are not limited to the management of swimmer enrollment, oversite of fee payments, request for payment submittals, time card management, and other administrative responsibilities as outlined in the job description.
This position would be eligible for the benefit package available to all full-time employees at the school. The annual salary will be commensurate with experience.
Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest, coaching philosophy statement, resume and contact information for 3 professional references by mail or email to:
Friends Select School
Director of Athletics
Head Aquatics Club Coach – Role Description
- Recruit and train new coaches as needed.
- Maintain a/o grow team as needed.
- Maintain accurate records of all participants.
- Ensure practice schedule is current
- Update members and coaches of any changes to practices schedules
- Participation in all team events
- Determine team meet schedule and sets coach schedule for meet attendance
- Oversee communication and updating Team Unify as needed
- Organize/schedule tryouts or evaluations.
- Oversee the proper submittal and approval of time cards by coaches
- Assure all proper fee payments are being received and entered for all participants
- Initiate, review, approve and submit all requests for payment for meets and team expense to the Business Office
- Review monthly income/expense account report from the Business Office and alert Business Office to any account issues
- Manage the programs budget
- Maintain files for all coaches to ensure all USA Swimming required background checks and certifications are current.
- Annual evaluation of all coaches
- Maintain positive relationships with all community members
- Guide swimmers and families through college recruitment process
Aquatics Director – Role Description
- Oversight of aquatics facilities, equipment, and maintenance schedule.
- Identification, training, supervision, and evaluation of all lifeguards.
- Currency in the American Red Cross standards or procedures for pool use, swimming lessons, and lifeguarding skills.
- Both internal and external promotion of the aquatics program.
- Purchasing of swim supplies needed for lessons, units, and swim teams.
- Coordination of all pool and swimming-related activities of approved school programs.
- Oversight of the Aquatics Club
Deadline for receiving materials: 4/28/17
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest, coaching philosophy statement, resume and contact information for 3 professional references by mail or email to: Bill Klose Friends Select School Director of Athletics [email protected]
phone: 2155615900 ext 135