Applications due 07/06/19
Location: 4901 East University Boulevard, Odessa, TX, USA
The general responsibilities for this position include:
• Promoting the philosophy and objectives of the intercollegiate athletics program, including adhering to all departmental policies and procedures, as well as the rules and regulations of UTPB, the NCAA, Lone Star Conference, and those set forth by the University of Texas System and State of Texas.
• In conjunction with the head coach, planning and executing a successful program that would include duties such as: conducting regular practice sessions; coaching the student-athletes; evaluating the student-athletes’ performance in practice and competition; monitoring the conditioning and training of student-athletes; advising and counseling student-athletes regarding their obligations to comply with all rules and regulations related to financial aid and eligibility, as well as personal conduct and appearance.
• In the absence of the head coach, the assistant will represent the program during practices and games.
• Arranging recruiting functions including on-and-off campus visits, evaluations and contacts, and documenting all activities as required per NCAA rules. Engaging in all aspects of opponent scouting including breaking down film into manageable clips for student-athletes to view.
• Scheduling and supervising individual student-athlete workouts.
• Participating in public relations activities as approved, including granting interviews with newspaper, radio, and television media. Coordinating and implementing approved fundraising activities.
• Ensuring that necessary athletic equipment is available and in proper condition for scheduled practices and competition and make recommendations for repairs and replacements as necessary.
• Participating in clinics, exhibitions and camps, as approved. Attending coaches’ preparatory meetings and implements strategies resulting from these meetings.
• Performing administrative tasks such as scheduling, travel arrangements, budget preparation and monitoring, and maintaining statistics. The assistant coach may be required to drive athletes to/from events in a 12-person van.
• Providing a written detailed account annually for all athletically related income and benefits earned from sources outside the institution, per NCAA bylaws.
• Performing other duties as assigned.
This is an exempt position. As an exempt employee your schedule may vary based on the number of hours needed to meet the job responsibilities. The individual holding this position may need to be available early morning, evening, and weekends to meet the needs of the athletic department.
How to Apply
Apply online at: https://utpb.peopleadmin.com/postings/1927
Must attach: Resume, Cover Letter and Recommendations in application process
Send any questions or correspondence
Cameron Kainer, Head Men’s and Women’s Swimming and Diving Coach
[email protected] or (432)552-2335
The University of Texas Permian Basin
4901 E. University Blvd.
Odessa, TX 79762
phone: (432) 552-2335
fax: (432) 552-3675