Location: Florida State University, W College Ave, Tallahassee, FL, USA
******THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED*****************************
Florida State is taking applications for Volunteer Assistant coach to assist with our men’s and women’s swimming teams. The position reports directly to the Head Swimming & Diving Coach and is an opportunity to learn all aspects of coaching and administering a Division 1 Swimming and Diving program while working under Atlantic Coast Conference and Division 1 NCAA rules and regulations.
Opportunities coaching with Club Seminole, our USA Swimming team, will be available as well. There will be many opportunities to travel with the team to dual meets, training camps, and championship competitions.
Contribute in the following areas:
• Daily operations of swimming and diving program
• Coaching responsibilities during scheduled practice
• Video analysis of technique of student-athletes
• Strength and conditioning of student-athletes
• Recruitment of Student-Athletes to the Swimming and Diving Program
• Learn and develop knowledge in compliance with University, Atlantic Coast Conference, and
NCAA rules and regulations
• Meet management duties
• Assist with Camps/Clinics/Lessons and other programming developed and organized by the Head Coach
Minimum Education Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree
Experience in collegiate competition is preferred
Knowledge of some technical areas, as well as competition training and technique
Good communication skills, work ethic and ability to learn quickly
USA Swimming certifications
How to Apply
Send an email expressing your interest for either position with a resume to Neal Studd, Head Swimming & Diving Coach [email protected] and copy Dan Carrington.
— Please include 3 professional references
Any questions about the position can be sent to Dan Carrington [email protected]