Applications due 08/31/21
Date posted: July 1, 2021
Location: 275 Convention Dr, Cary, NC 27511, USA
Title: Executive Director
Dual Reporting: Michael Curran, Founder, The Michael G. Curran Family Foundation and TAC Chairman of the Board
General Job Description
The primary responsibility of the Executive Director is to proactively execute the long-term mission of the Triangle Aquatic Center with passion, purpose, and integrity beginning the first quarter of 2022. The three specific categories of responsibilities include 1) Mission – developing and nurturing community Strategic Partnerships to build and operate public aquatic facilities including ongoing expansions and renovations, 2) development and fundraising and 3) day-to-day operations. The Executive Director is the face of TAC in the community and is the key contact for community relations and industry leadership.
About the Triangle Aquatic Center
The Triangle Aquatic Center (“TAC”) is a 501(c)(3) charitable nonprofit public aquatic facility located in Cary, North Carolina with a Mission, “To build and operate public aquatic facilities for the health, safety and competition needs of Triangle citizens and aquatic organizations.” TAC was built and funded with the support of the Michael G. Curran Family Foundation and by Triangle citizens. TAC receives no ongoing tax funding or municipal support. The 80,000-sf aquatic facility is built on a 21.5-acre aquatic campus, less than a mile off a major Interstate, I-40. The facility includes a 50-Meter pool, a 10-lane 25-yard pool and a warm water instruction pool. Supporting amenities include a 1,000-seat spectator stadium, a full-service cafe, Atrium, Fitness Center, Classroom, Smart Athlete Physiotherapy and Gallery. A 50-meter outdoor pool and administrative expansion is currently under construction and will be completed by the spring of 2022. The TAC Titans program is a year-round swim team who are consistently ranked #1 or #2 in the country.
About the Triangle Region
The Triangle Region of North Carolina is consistently recognized as one of the best places to live, work and play in the country. The Triangle is ranked the 7th best swimming community in the country by USA Swimming. It is home to the city of Raleigh, the capital of North Carolina and three highly recognized universities, Duke University, UNC-Chapel Hill, and NC State. The Triangle is a prosperous community of nearly 2 Million people with 44% earning a college degree. The Research Triangle Park is located in the heart of the Triangle and is home to many corporate headquarters and technology companies with a strong entrepreneurial culture.
Specific Job Responsibilities
* Mission Driven – Strategic Partnerships (50%). TAC’s business model is to expand by building and operating public aquatic facilities throughout the Triangle Region. This requires developing strategic partnerships with other nonprofit organizations, municipalities, and business organizations to build and renovate new aquatic facilities. The Executive Director will oversee all building and renovation projects.
* Development (25%). TAC’s long-term financial health and security is dependent on donations from the community and building Endowments for long-term maintenance and programming. TAC created its first endowment on August 13, 2018 and invests approximately 5.0% of all program revenue into the Endowment monthly. The purpose of the first Endowment is to fund the long-term maintenance of the Cary aquatic facilities and campus. Additional endowments for scholarship programs and special bequests need to be developed.
* Day-To-Day Operations (25%). TAC currently has four (4) Directors who report directly to the Executive Director including an Operations Director, Finance Director, Facility Director and TAC Titans Director / Head Swimming Coach. As TAC continues to grow, there are plans for an additional two Directors including a Fitness Director and Development Director. The Executive Director will manage the Directors, help them grow professionally and provide resources to help meet quarterly and annual goals. The Executive Director is the face of TAC in the community and should represent TAC with integrity and professionalism. It is expected that the Executive Director will attend community events (Chamber of Commerce, Sports Alliances, nonprofit partnership meetings, etc.). In addition, it is expected that the Executive Director will participate in industry events and take a leadership role in industry organizations.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Strong leadership skills and experience
* Highly organized and detailed oriented, with the ability to translate strategy into operational reality
* Excellent communication skills, including strong presentation and networking capabilities
* Financial management experience and knowledge
* Excellent interpersonal skills and comfortable working in a highly collaborative and dynamic growth- oriented work environment
* Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
* Working knowledge of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.)
Start Date: First Quarter, 2022
Education: Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field is required. Post-Baccalaureate degree in business, sports management or a related discipline is preferred.
Experience: Minimum of 10 years of aquatic management, sports management or related management experience in other fields is required. Experience must include a minimum of five years managing high-level employees (Managers, Directors, Coaches, etc.)
Competitive Swimming: A competitive swimming or diving background is preferred but not required.
Compensation: Base Annual Salary $120,000
* 401(k) Retirement Eligible the first day of the quarter following 6 months of full-time employment. TAC matches 50% up to 4% of employee deferral.
* Insurance Eligible on the 1st day of the month following 90 days of full-time employment:
* Group Medical,Dental, Vision & Life Insurance:
– 75% TAC Contribution towards individual employee coverage (Medical, Dental & Vision)
– 25% TAC Contribution towards spouse & family coverage (Medical, Dental & Vision)
– 100% TAC Contribution (Life @ $50,000)
* Internal Programs Credit $1,000 credit per year. For use in all TAC & TITANS programs.
How to Apply
Email resume and cover letter to Michael Curran at [email protected]
275 Convention Drive, Cary, NC 27511