Applications due 07/15/22
Date posted: June 6, 2022
Location: Bryant University, Douglas Pike, Smithfield, RI, USA
This position reports to the Head Swimming & Diving Coach and is responsible to assist with recruiting, game planning and all aspects of the Division I Swimming & Diving program in compliance with all NCAA
, America East Conference and institutional rules and regulations.
This is a part time position.
Bryant University is a NCAA Division I program, sponsoring 25 varsity sports, and is a member of the America East and Big South Conferences.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Effectively assisting in coaching a competitive Swimming & Diving program in a manner which promotes sportsmanship among athletes
- Ensuring compliance with all NCAA conference, America East Conference, and institutional rules and regulations
- Effectively assisting in recruiting qualified student athletes to participate in the athletic program, and effectively promoting Bryant University academic and athletic programs to potential students
- Ensuring that members associated with the Swimming & Diving program are eligible under NCAA and America East regulations
- Assisting the Head Coach in developing and implementing clinic(s), summer camp(s), fundraising events
- Effectively monitoring student athlete academic progress
- Referring or counseling where appropriate, and motivating the athlete
- Establishing and maintaining good personal relationships with student athletes, parents, staff, guidance counselors, the Community and the media.
Certain requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate persons with disabilities.
This position is best filled by an individual who has:
- 1-3 years’ experience coaching diving at the club, high school, or collegiate level, including 3-meter coaching experience.
- Experience teaching new dives and techniques related to competitive diving.
- Experience in analyzing diving performances and identifying areas needed for improvement.
- Knowledge of current training methods of all aspects of competitive diving.
- Knowledge of and ability to safely use a trampoline and spotting rig for training and instructive purposes.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- CPR/AED and First Aid certifications must be held or attained upon hire.
- Current certified pool operator certification (or ability for certification) is preferred.
The successful candidate will have the ability to identify and recruit outstanding student-athletes. Excellent oral and written communication skills are required. The ability to manage multiple tasks is essential. This position has non-standard hours and requires the ability to travel with a substantial time commitment. This position is subject to the completion of a criminal background check and division of motor vehicles check. A valid driver’s license is required for travel.
How to Apply
In order to be considered, applicants must apply online at https://employment.bryant.edu/postings/3029
Katie Cameron, Head Coach Men's and Women's Swimming