Applications due 10/29/21
Date posted: October 15, 2021
Location: 501 Grand Ave, Des Moines, IA, USA
The Director of Youth Competitive Swimming is responsible for the overall tone, direction and implementation of the YMCA of Greater Des Moines youth swim team program and the “Elite” Travel Team based out of the Wellmark YMCA Branch. This position will first and foremost be on deck coaching the Elite Travel Team swimmers. This position will oversee all aspects and personnel of the Swim Team.
- Primary coaching role is on deck with the “Elite” Travel Team swimmers.
- Oversee all aspects and personnel of the DSMY youth swim team which includes:
- Hire, Manage, and Mentor Travel Team Assistant Coaches and branch practice Site Head Coaches.
- Scheduling Travel Team assistant coaches.
- Scheduling the practice for each training group in the allotted pool time for Travel Team.
- Meet schedules (YMCA and USA Swimming).
- Team administration duties of: team progression model used at all branches, team entries, website, and communication with the team including the use of social media.
- Assist Practice Site Head Coaches with the hiring process and selection for branch practice site assistant coaches.
- Create and lead a volunteer parent group to assist and help manage our hosted YMCA and USA Swim meets.
- Build and lead a cohesive YMCA/USA Swim team program throughout the association ranging from tryouts/beginners to national meet qualifiers.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from an accredited college preferably in education or sports science, ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of five years (10 full seasons) of experience coaching development of adolescent athletes with either YMCA or USA swimming club.
- Current USA Swimming / YMCA Coaching Certification credentials.
- One to two years of experience in related program development and program management.
- Experience teaching / programming swim lessons.
- Personal experience being on a competitive youth swim team.
- Knowledge of YMCA and USA Swimming seasons, meet circuits and time standards.
- Minimum of one year of experience in a leadership role.
- Demonstrated computer skills in a Microsoft Office environment (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
How to Apply
To learn more or to apply click here