Applications due 08/31/21
Date posted: July 26, 2021
Location: Middletown, OH, USA
- Develops annual operating goals and objectives in conjunction with branch leadership, and plans for the team enrollment sales, retention, marketing, and communications areas. Monitors the achievement of these plans, taking appropriate action to ensure that all goals and objectives are met. Executes strategies to ensure that members and/or participants connect with one another and connect with the YMCA.
- Assumes primary leadership of GMVY Competitive Swim Program.
- Develops, monitors, and administers assigned annual budget and maintains a positive fiscal position. Provides and maintains related statistics and reports.
- Hires, trains, and supervises staff and volunteers in assigned areas. Ensures that all direct reports have valid certifications including but limited to valid lifeguard certifications. Facilitates communication and provides leadership. Models relationship-building skills (including Listen First) in all interactions.
- Provides leadership and support to the annual fundraising campaign and volunteer committees/
boards as assigned. Develops and maintains effective working relationships within the community.
- Assures compliance with state and local regulations. Ensures that program and membership standards are met and safety procedures are followed.
- Ensures high quality member-focused programs and events through innovative program development, evaluations, and ongoing training of staff.
- Assists in coordination of special events and activities as necessary to promote team and member engagement.
- Assists in supporting the overall Aquatics department and branch, as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, sales & marketing, or related field; or equivalent experience. Experience in sales, marketing, and strong interpersonal communication skills preferred.
- Excellent presentation, writing, and negotiation skills and experience with standard business software.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport and credibility quickly. Professionally and effectively handle media inquiries.
- Lifeguard, Basic Life Support (BLS), Oxygen Administration, and First Aid certifications required.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to work in highly flexible, rapidly changing, and ambiguous work environment.
- Ability to work a variety of hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Ability to establish and maintain collaborations with community organizations.
- YMCA Team Leader or Multi-team/Branch Leader certification preferred.
- Ability to move, lift, carry, stand, push, pull, and be mobile during work shift.
- A frequent amount of sitting, standing and walking, reaching, stooping, kneeling, bending and occasionally lifting and/or moving up to 50 pounds. Lifting requirement of the position may be greater depending on the particular job to be performed.
- Ability to perform manual labor.
- May be exposed to extreme weather conditions.
- This position regularly works with chemicals.
- Ability to recognize and react calmly and effectively in the event of an emergency.
How to Apply
105 N 2nd Street, Hamilton, OH 45011
phone: 15138870001 Ext. 1111