Applications due 03/01/23
Date posted: December 6, 2022
Location: 103 Midway Dr, Carlisle, PA, USA
Director of Competitive Swimming
About Keystone Aquatics
KA is a coach-run program with approximately 200 swimmers and is located in Carlisle, PA (Central PA/Middle Atlantic LSC).
Keystone Aquatics Facility
- State-of-the-art competitive swimming facility that opened in 2018.
- 8 x 50 meter long course lanes.
- 21 x 25 yard short course lanes.
- 8′ 2″ water depth across the pool.
- 12 Destro Power racks
- 12,000 square feet of deck space.
- Current seating for approximately 700 spectators.
- 16 SR Smith starting platforms with 5 position track wedge and Colorado backstroke ledges.
- Colorado 6.0 timing system with multiple competition configurations.
- 12′ x 18′ HD LED full-display video scoreboard.
- Two HVAC units provide the freshest air filtration system.
- UV and chlorine filtration offers the cleanest and clearest water.
- SwimEx flume pool with video capability on site.
- Strength and conditioning center in the neighboring Keystone Fieldhouse.
Since the opening of Keystone Aquatic Center in June of 2018, located in Central Pennsylvania, KAC has been working with swimmers from over 12 school districts
Keystone Aquatic Center has become a mainstay for running high level swim meets in the Middle Atlantic LSC, including Long and Short Course Senior Championships.
KAC has expanded its programs to include Master’s swimming and swim lesson programs.
Keystone Aquatics is looking for someone passionate about swimming and wanting to grow the competitive age group program.
- ASCA Level III or above.
- Must have all current or be willing to achieve all USA Swimming coaching credentials.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Minimum 3-5 yrs. coaching experience preferred.
- Passionate about swimming & teaching & development of all athletes.
- Knowledge of competitive swimming and all swimming strokes. (Backstroke, Breaststroke, Butterfly, Freestyle)
- Must possess/be able to demonstrate:
- Leadership skills.
- Decision-making ability (in interest of athletes & organization).
- Timely & professional communication (written & verbal) with coaches, parents and swimmers, and staff.
- Be willing to follow Keystone Aquatics mission statement, and directives from administration/owner.
- Must possess good problem-solving skills and have the capability to act rationally and calmly in all situations.
- Ability to work with and maintain professional relationships with staff.
- Working knowledge of Team Unify, Hytek, Meet Manager, Colorado Timing System, and basic computer skills.
- Responsible management of team funds, discussing the budget with the ownership/president.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for developing our competitive swimmers to be ready to compete at the Jr & Sr Levels.
o Develop and maintain a season plan for the entire competitive team that shows increased knowledge of the progression of our age group program and develops innovative techniques that show success and improvement. (This includes yardage and technique goals as well as how the group is being differentiated).
- Work collaboratively with all the coaches and administrative staff to develop and follow through on program goals to enhance a club that is consistently trying to meet its mission/vision while always trying to innovate.
- Assist all coaches as needed.
- Responsible for helping maintain a safe atmosphere by adhering to all USA swimming rules and regulations and providing positive and constructive feedback to our swimmers and parents.
- Must show an ability to work with and communicate well with all age groups, parents, and athletes.
- Greet, acknowledge, and interact with members at all times.
- Create an educational, safe, and inviting experience for all participants.
- Initiate, develop, and maintain positive relationships with all participants
- Provide a safe, clean, and organized pool area.
- · In charge of:
- Working with administration to develop seasonal/yearly calendar – practice & meet schedules/rentals.
- Working with administration to develop coaching scheduling
- Working with coaches creating practices to ensure flow between practice groups.
- Finding mid seasons and end of season championship meets to attend as well as planning all travel/meals for team.
- Growing the team.
- Creating a dry-land program and/or working with dry-land staff.
- Meet entries for swimmers.
- Aid in the management of team meet travel.
- Vacation – two weeks in August and one in Spring are built in. Also, one during either Thanksgiving or Holiday Break, or upon request and approval.
- Salary commensurate with experience with opportunity to advance
- Medical/Vision/Dental Insurance
- Possible relocation assistance
How to Apply
HOW TO APPLY
Email cover letter, resume & at least two (2) references to:
[email protected] – President, Keystone Aquatic Center
103 Midway Dr
Carlisle, PA 17015