Applications due 08/20/16
NOMAD Aquatics, a 300+ member club in Huntersville North Carolina (North Charlotte), is in search of a dynamic leader for the age group division of our program. The right person must have high energy, great organization skills, and very strong relationship building skills. This coach will direct the overall age group program in concert with the Head Coach. They will oversee a staff of 3 assistant coaches.
NOMAD is located in the fastest growing area in North Charlotte NC. NOMAD has been in business for 26 years, and has a history of developing young people from novice swimmers to international competition. Our philosophy of “teach first, train second” fosters a high degree of technical proficiency in our young athletes that is the foundation for their successful training as they grow and mature into young adults. Our program structure allows for all commitment levels to learn and improve.
Our coach owned team and facility offers maximum flexibility and our imagination is our only limitation! Our pool is 10 lanes 25 yards’ x 10 lanes 25 meters, with a separate 20 yard 5 lane teaching pool. NOMADS learn to swim program is one of the largest in the city and continues to grow.
- Direct all aspects of the NOMAD Age Group swimming division including but not limited to, training plans, competitions, team trips, and social activities.
- Follow team policies regarding team administration.
- Develop and implement parent education program
- Communicate effectively, and often with team membership
- Implement strategies, in conjunction with the head coach to recruit, retain, and grow team.
- Build and foster relationships with local summer league coaches to promote our program and encourage a year around path to summer swimmers.
- Mentor age group assistant coaches and encourage career development
This is a year around, salaried position dependent on experience and level of accomplishments, with salary incentives based on team growth, retention, and performance. If you are high energy, passionate about age group swimming, and detail oriented person this position is for you. Please respond with your resume, at least 3 professional references, a letter outlining your philosophy and salary history to [email protected]. This position will remain open until the right candidate is located.
How to Apply
Email Resume to [email protected]
13016 Eastfield Road