Applications due 11/15/19
Location: 1801 Superior Ave, Cleveland, OH, USA
Position: Program Director – Aquatics, Full Time
Salary: $30,000- $35,000 Annually
Description: YMCA of Greater Cleveland has an immediate need for an Aquatic Program Director who will be responsible for successfully developing and managing all aquatic program areas which include new program development, fiscal management, effective supervision of program staff, direction and implementation of all program delivery, quality, promotion and monitoring results against pre-stated performance goals.
- Staff Recruitment and Development: Work with staff to develop growth opportunities and to increase capacity within organization. Recruit and retain qualified aquatic staff (i.e. lifeguards, swim instructors).
- Budget Development: Responsible for developing annual budget of anticipated income and expenditures and maintaining, controlling and evaluating the income/expenses of the budget. Responsible for generating required reports for association and branch.
- Sales: Responsible for establishing collaborative relationships with businesses and the local community to promote programs. Compiles statistical data related program outcomes and makes appropriate recommendations to supervisor (i.e. discontinue programming, increase amount of program offerings).
- Program/Marketing Development: Promotes and incorporates the YMCA core values and character development model in to all program activities. Develops and distributes branch specific marketing materials of program information and assist with Association-Wide Marketing (i.e. brochures, newsletters and special event promotion) through various media. Develops and implements programming for designated sessions.
- Public Relations/Community Affairs: Represent YMCA in appropriate business & community groups. This includes providing timely publicity, developing a working relationship with local schools and other community groups.
- Fund Development Activities: Participate in and / or coordinate in fund- raising activities as assigned by supervisor.
Education and Experience:
- Associates Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of three (3) years of related experience required
- Three (2) years supervisor and/or leadership experience required, ex. head Lifeguard, aquatics coordinator or supervisor
- Certified Pool Operator preferred
- Red Cross Lifeguarding Certification required
- Life Guard and Water Safety Instructor Certification preferred
Technical Skills and Knowledge:
- Within 30 days of hire, completion of YMCA program-specific and Operational trainings: Blood Borne Pathogen, Ten Commandments of Effective Lifeguarding, Child Abuse Prevention and Recognition, Incident Reporting, Bullying, Active Shooter, Allergies, Driver Safety, Harassment, Proper Lifting, New Employee Orientation and Program and Financial Operation Trainings
- Completion of YMCA aquatics training and trainer certifications.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
About YMCA of Greater Cleveland: At the Y, our mission is to put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all. That’s why we offer an exceptional package that includes:
- A free membership to your local YMCA and discount to YMCA programs including childcare (part-time positions do not receive discount on childcare).
- Additional employee discounts at many places in and around town, just for being a YMCA of Greater Cleveland employee.
- Eligible employees receive comprehensive Benefits Plan including Health, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Plan, Retirement 8% paid by the YMCA of Greater Cleveland and paid vacation.
How to Apply
Please apply via our website: https://clevelandymca.applicantpro.com/jobs/1225640-419912.html
1801 Superior Ave.