Applications due 11/15/22
Date posted: October 4, 2022
Location: Coral Gables, FL, USA
Developmental Swimming Manager
CANES is seeking a Manager of Developmental Swimming to work with 5+ lesson instructors and oversee our pre-competitive swimming program on a daily basis.
- Reports to the Head Coach
- Minimum of 2-3 years of coaching experience and/or teaching experience preferred.
- 30-35 hours per week plus a minimum of one meet per month. Full-time could be an option with the right candidate.
- Working knowledge of Red Cross WSI certification and USA Swimming rules.
- Working knowledge/application of stroke technique, swimmer development.
- Ability to create a season plan and train staff on how to manage workouts.
- Possess strong skills in public relations, and written/verbal communications, good word
processing skills, and experience with swimming computer software.
- Ability to work in sunny, hot, and humid environments for long periods. And train both staff and athletes safely in similar conditions. Ability to adapt the practice to changes in weather on short notice.
Certifications current or able to acquire upon hiring:
- CPR. First Aid, Safety Training for Swim Coaches, Concussion Training, and membership in good standing with USA Swimming.
- Athlete protection training, Safe Sport training, a background check through USA Swimming
- Foundations of Coaching 101 and 201
- Oversee the pre-competitive staff daily. Including staff development of teaching techniques, how to correct strokes in a positive manner, fill in as needed.
- Coach group of advanced pre-competitive swimmers as needed
- Schedule and perform swimmer evaluations for both safety and program progression.
- Communicate with potential and existing clients about scheduling, swimmer progression, and general questions.
- Attend Staff meetings on a weekly basis
- Attend one swim meet per month
- Educate and introduce new swimming families to USA Swimming.
- Office tasks related to communication with parents, registering new swimmers, and other duties as assigned.
- Opportunity to increase responsibilities/hours based on performance.
- Opportunity for additional income with private swim lessons (optional).
Preferred start: Fall 2022, no later than April 2023
Mission Statement: Hurricane Aquatics is a safe and supportive environment that teaches swimmers of all ages and abilities to work together for greater success; by encouraging teamwork, developing a strong work ethic, building self-confidence, and refining leadership skills.
How to Apply
Please send resume and letter of interest to:
Liz Kershaw – Head Coach
5821 San Amaro Drive
Coral Gables, FL 33146