Applications due 03/01/22
Date posted: October 14, 2021
Location: 298 Mountaire Circle, Clayton, CA, USA
The Dana Hills Otters located in Clayton, CA are seeking an Assistant Head coach for the 2022 swim season.
Dana Hills Swim Team is a recreational and competitive swim program designed to provide swimmers of all levels with the opportunity to learn stroke techniques under the age group format and to apply what they have learned in competitive situations.
The team’s goal is to develop and maintain a high-quality swim program with an emphasis on building self-esteem, camaraderie, good sportsmanship, and team spirit. The team includes swimmers from ages four to 18 years, teaching the physical and mental skills necessary to participate and compete as a member of a recreational swim team. At the same time, the team strives to provide a fun, social environment where children and their parents can enjoy the sport of swimming on a competitive level, and where families can interact to promote a sense of community that will endure beyond the swim season.
In 2021, the Otters won Division I of the Contra Costa County Swim Championships the team’s top invitational meet.
- Coordinate with the head coach to generate training plans for each age group.
- Provide technical swimming instruction to swimmers ages 4 through 18 at daily practices and at swim meets.
- Establish and maintain relationships and open communication with athletes and their parents
- Work swim meets (typically Weds night, Saturday, and occasional Sundays throughout the season)
- Attend all team functions and social activities.
- Demonstrate and promote our core team values.
- Summer season runs from April-August.
- Experience coaching youth swimmers.
- Experience as a High-school and/or College competitive swimmer.
How to Apply
- Please send resume and cover letter to Neal Meyer at [email protected]
- Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.
298 Mountaire Circle