Applications due 04/30/17
The Countryside YMCA is searching to hire a dynamic, experienced and committed Head Coach/Director of Competitive Swimming for our nationally recognized Torpedoes Swim Team.
The Countryside YMCA Torpedoes is a large (235 swimmers) age group swim program having generated numerous YMCA National Champions, Division I swimming athletes, USA Swimming Jr. and Sr. National Qualifiers as well as Ohio High School State Champions. The Torpedoes National Team consistently finishes in the top 5 at YMCA Short and Long Course Nationals. Countryside YMCA seeks an experienced coach capable of continuing this tradition of swimming excellence. The Head Coach/Competitive Swimming must have a proven record of success in competitive swim team development and program management.
The Head Coach/Director of Competitive Swimming is supervised by YMCA management and will lead a highly organized parent Booster organization. This position supports the Mission, Vision and Values of the Countryside YMCA, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Must have experience in hiring and training of swim coach staff. The APD/Competitive Swimming must demonstrate personal leadership ability and skill to achieve maximum success through excellent communication, character and a personal commitment to the YMCA core values; Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility, and Faith.
Essential Job Tasks
Complete Job Description available at
- Directs and supervises program activities
- Attends and leads Booster board meetings
- Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules and directs coaches and volunteers as needed
- Develop and implement an appropriate training program, practice schedule and meet schedule for the entire coaching staff and team
- Develop and implement “dry land” strength, conditioning and nutritional program appropriate for all age and swimming levels
- Proficient using Team Unify, Hytek Meet Manager and Microsoft applications
Develops and monitors program budget to meet fiscal objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 21 years of age
- Background check
- Five years as the Head Coach of a competitive swimming program including managing and developing two (2) or more assistant coaches
- Ability to obtain a USA Swimming membership
Salary commensurate with experience
How to Apply
Please reply via email to include Cover Letter, Resume andSummary of Coaching Experience to Holly.Coló[email protected]
Holly Colón, Executive Director Aquatics and Gymnastics
1699 Deerfield Road
Lebanon, OH 45036
phone: 513-932-1424 x 177