Applications due 03/10/23
Date posted: February 25, 2023
Location: San Diego, CA, USA
Coronado Swim – Team Elite (CSTE LLC) is searching for a Head Coach. Our San Diego club is managed and mentored by 2016 USA Head Women’s Olympic coach, David Marsh. The club has 200+ members ranging from novice to US National level athletes. Our club is a Bronze Medal Club and the only USA Swimming Medal Club in San Diego. There are many occasions when collegiate and post-grad athletes are training alongside the club swimmers and serve as mentors to the younger swimmers.
CSTE is an LLC, owned and operated by Coach Joey Gracia, with deliberate professional coaching mentorship from Coach David Marsh, and assisted by Lieutenant Commander Peter McVey for business and leadership development. The goal of the program is to provide FOCUSED instruction for INTENTIONAL development of our athletes, offering the best in a comprehensive technique based program where children and teens are empowered to truly strive for their fullest God-given potential. Coach Marsh serves as the direct mentor to all coaching staff.
The foundation of the program is built on character development with an emphasis on building a culture of accountability amongst the athletes. The club operates in the South (Coronado) and North (La Jolla) areas of San Diego.
We are looking for a high energy head coach that can work with David to lead his/her staff to create and manage systems that support the vision for the club. CSTE will teach cutting edge, age appropriate techniques, they will have coaches that will encourage and challenge them, and they will have a career based competitive plan that will make possible Collegiate, National, and even Olympic medal ambitions.
Duties of the Head Coach include but not limited to:
- Lead the development and implementation of overall team philosophy on coaching, swimmer development, and team dynamics
- Establish workout groups, schedules, and criteria for advancement through collaboration with coaching staff
- On deck coaching and supervision of senior swimmers
- Develop and oversee training programs for all age groups
- Supervise and mentor coaching staff
- Goal Setting, Plan seasonal and yearly competition schedule for all groups
- Establish and maintain regular and timely communications with swimmers, parents, coach and board members
- Host periodic parent meetings to educate and inform parents
- Represent the team at swim meets, external meetings, and other required meetings or assign a delegate
- Build continuity between different parts of the team (north-South, adjacent groups, coach progression)
- Coaches education and development utilizing Coach Marsh and his network along with the many professional leadership growth opportunities brought by the many military leaders on the program and nested throughout the communities we serve.
- Support fundraising efforts of the club
- Input for Professional appearance of entire staff
- Support and advocate for Speedo USA for swim gear, practice suits, and competition suits.
The ideal candidate has:
- Experience as both a head coach and age group coach of a competitive swim team with at least 100 athletes
- Current USA Swimming Coach Certification, including first aid and life-saving certification
- American Swimming Coaches Association (ASCA) Coaching Certification Level 2 or higher preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills to interface with all levels of employees, club members, athletes, parents, Board of Directors and community members
- Team management skills and ability to provide clear verbal or written direction to employees/swimmers/parents
- Up-to-date understanding of latest coaching techniques through research and continuing education
- Track record of swimmer retention, recruitment and development at all levels
- Experienced with Team Unify and Hy-Tek – supported by our administrative assistants
- Bachelor’s Degree and prior collegiate swimmer strongly preferred
- Technology and basic social media skills
- Must pass a Background check with USA Swimming and complete the USA Swimming head coach requirements
- Must pass a Motor Vehicle Report check
- Must have valid driver’s license and carry auto insurance
- Provide a minimum of 3 Professional References
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software (preferred)
How to Apply
How to Apply and Other Incentives
Click HERE to apply for the Program Head Coach Position. We will begin setting up interviews as applications are submitted. We are looking to fill the position as early as April 1, 2023 but NLT (no later than) May 15, 2023.
Direct link to submit interest survey: https://coronadoswimassoc.formstack.com/forms/cste_program_head_coach_application_form
A relocation allowance will be available – amount will depend on the timeline for arrival and distance of relocation.
Check out our website at – www.swimcoronado.org
Follow us on Instagram @swimcoronado, @teameliteaqutics, @teamelitestingrays
Annual Salary Range: $70K – $80K w/ the intention of a phased ownership stake in CSTE LLC.
Health Benefits: Premium for USA Swimming’s Insurance Program is covered (until partnership is acquired, after which Coach will have the opportunity to choose health care options that best serves their needs)
Retirement: CSTE LLC supports the CalSavers retirement plan. More information about CalSaver can be found at https://www.calsavers.com. (until partnership is acquired, after which Coach will have the opportunity to choose health care options that best serves their needs)
Application Deadline: 10 March 2023
Point of Contact: