Applications due 08/27/18
Location: Des Moines, IA, USA
Central Iowa Aquatics (CIA) is a Bronze Medal club with Level 3 USA Swimming club recognition. We are located in Des Moines, Iowa and typically have 150 to 200 year-round registered swimmers. We are the top team in the Iowa LSC (ISI). CIA has produced several Senior National qualifiers and finalists, Junior National qualifiers and finalists. Each year we send a large team to Futures, Sectionals, and Zones. This past season there were many top ten nationally ranked swimmer. CIA is a non-profit, board supported swim program. We are searching for an energetic head coach to develop our swimmers, continue our success at the LSC level and increase our regional and national presence. (www.centraliowaaquatics.org)
About the Position/Responsibilities:
The selected applicant will be responsible for all aspects of operating a year-round competitive swim program. Duties will include:
- Directing the organization for the club’s mission and vision.
- Hiring, supervising/educating, and terminating all assistant coaches, and determining assistant coaches’ salaries within the coaching budget.
- Organize and oversee CIA summer/winter seasonal swim programs.
- Be a positive role model, maintain high ethical and moral standards, and adhere to USA Swimming CoachCoach’s Code of Conduct.
- Design and oversee seasonal training for all groups.
- Directly coach the Senior Group.
- Direct staff meetings as needed.
- Set workout schedules.
- Set team meet schedule for all groups and staff scheduled meets.
- Oversee team travel arrangements.
- Determine the workout group for each athlete and update group requirements/progression as needed.
- Oversee all facility use agreements.
- Assist in marketing the swim team and act as media liaison.
- Assist and support all fundraising activities.
- Attend Iowa LSC meetings.
- Provide a monthly report and attend Board of Directors meeting.
- Hold periodic parent meetings to educate and inform parents.
Mental Requirements, Attitude, and Approach:
- Must possess a vision for Central Iowa Aquatics and the ability to maintain and communicate that vision through all swim levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communications as well as demonstrated ability in fostering teamwork
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills to deal effectively with all levels of employees, club members, athletes, parents, Board members and outside personnel
- Acts as a role model for swimmers with a positive, proactive manner which inspires and support the athletes
- Up-to-date on latest coaching techniques through research and/or continuing education through USA Swimming or ASCA
- Strong understanding of the overall balance of training for distance and sprint, taper techniques, both in water and dry-land, for all age groups and strength/conditioning work throughout the entire program
- Ability to develop and implement a cohesive vision and coaching philosophy throughout the program, building swimmers from novice through senior levels
- Encouraging athletes to strive for their personal best
Prospective employees must be a USA-Swimming registered swim coach and able to pass the USA-Swimming background check and USA-Swimming Athlete Protection Program.
ASCA Certified Level 4 or above preferred
How to Apply
Interested applicants are encouraged to email cover letter and resume to: [email protected]