Applications due 06/10/21
Date posted: May 22, 2021
Location: 1416 Berwyn Paoli Road, Berwyn, PA, USA
Job Title: Associate Head Swim Coach
Branch: Upper Main Line YMCA
Location: Berwyn, PA
Shifts/Availability: Full Time, Exempt
Salary: $40,000 – $55,000/year
Benefits:The YMCA of Greater Brandywine currently offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes a free YMCA family membership, medical and dental insurance along with a 12% employer contribution to the retirement savings plan. Program discounts on YMCA of Greater Brandywine programs, camps, childcare, and continuing education classes at Immaculata University. Up to four free hours of Childwatch per day.
The Upper Main Line YMCA is seeking a full-time Associate Head Swim Coach who manages the implementation, development and delivery of the Competitive Swim program. Recruits, trains and supports assigned staff and volunteers. Additional responsibilities include hiring and training of staff; curriculum development; budget control; and adhering to all regulatory and Association standards. The Associate Head Swim Coach leads the Swim Team in providing a safe environment and provides leadership in expanding Swim Team programming.
- Overseeing and coach Age group (12 and Under) programming.
- Build a season plan (including meets) and work with Associate Executive Director to implement
Hold regular Age Group Staff Meetings discussing topics from planning to technical
- Maintain team database and all 12 and Under meet entries
Staff age group accordingly to need as well as training
- Communicate with members and parents on a regular basis
- Facilitating our summer swim program (Otters)
- Create new opportunities for our athletes to improve the experience
- Administration duties such as account management, LSC/USA registrations, USA programs implementation
- Creating home swim meets, meet manager duties, as well as team entries
- Organizing volunteers for events and being point of contact for volunteer communication
- Working with Associate Executive Director on vision and plan of team and how to implement
- Work with Associate Executive Director as to what events should be attended and season plans according
- Handle coaching schedules and vacation schedules ensuring coverage at all times
- Develop and deliver a high quality, mission focused, YMCA age group competitive swim team program for youth ages 5-18.
- Teach/instruct participants through use of an appropriate curriculum that addresses the skill levels of all participants and assures the program is inclusive and welcoming for all.
- Offer a year round program that includes YMCA short course and long course options as well as a competitive summer league.
- Develop a diverse menu of programs to include stroke, turn and specialized clinics that span all levels of participants.
- Assist in recruitment and retention of program participants.
- Interface and interact with swim team parents to communicate and resolve any concerns that arise.
- Develop and oversee the practice schedule of all levels, attend all meets and support the entire competitive program.
- Create a volunteer workforce to run meets that are consistent with YMCA standards.
- Manage and organize participation, registration and logistics of swimmers at all swim meets.
- Follow association guidelines related to budget, travel and meet participation. Refer to budget manual, personnel manual and supervisor for specific clarification as needed.
- Coordinate vacation outside of the competitive season responsibilities.
- Assists with annual campaign activities.
- Complete other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience required
- Competitive Swimming Experience for a minimum of 4 years required
- Current Lifeguard certifications
- Must have at least 2 years of coaching experience with swimmers of all ages
- USA swimming coaches credential
- Ability to demonstrate all swim strokes
- Ability to direct programs through supervision of volunteers and staff required
- Preferred knowledge of, and previous experience with, diverse populations
- Ability to establish and maintain collaborations with community organizations
- Must be fluent in spoken and written English
- Obtain and maintain all new hire certifications and trainings within 90 days of hire
- Display a positive and professional attitude and possess strong interpersonal skills
How to Apply
Please apply online at Associate Head Coach – Swim Team – Career Portal (dayforcehcm.com)
Berwyn, PA, USA