Applications due 07/28/21
Date posted: June 28, 2021
Location: Rochester, MI, USA
To assist the Head Coach in administering all aspects of an educationally sound and competitive Division I men’s and women’s swimming and diving program, within the rules and policies of the NCAA, Conference, and Oakland University. Assist the Head Coach in developing the program’s student-athletes academically and athletically, and in creating a positive, first-class experience for the student-athletes.
Compensation commensurate with education and experience. Oakland University offers an excellent benefit program including a comprehensive medical plan with low contribution amounts for our employees, dental and vision plans at no cost for our employees, generous paid time off plans, a 14% University contribution to our 403(b) retirement plan, tuition assistance for our employees and dependents, free access to our Campus Recreation Center and workout facilities, and flexible work schedules and wellness programs. These are current benefit levels subject to future changes.
This is a full-time position.
First consideration will be given to those who apply by June 24, 2021.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Minimum of 3 years coaching experience.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability to promote a positive and creative workplace.
- Ability to perform all job duties in a manner consistent with NCAA, conference and University rules, regulations, ordinances, policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Proficiency in use of HY-TEK Meet Manager/Team Manager software and Colorado Timing Systems. First Aid, CPR, AED and Safety Training Certifications.
- A valid vehicle operator’s license and a driving record acceptable to the university are required.
- Master’s degree.
- Collegiate coaching experience, preferably at the Division I level. Experience, knowledge, and understanding of all aspects of collegiate swimming.
- Proven ability to recruit elite student-athletes regionally, nationally, and internationally.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively to promote the program and Oakland University Athletics.
How to Apply