Location: La Mirada, CA, USA
The Biola Assistant Swimming coach is responsible for aiding the Head Coach in establishing an effective, competitive, and successful team program, where student-athletes have a positive intercollegiate experience. The Assistant Coach must demonstrate strong administrative and technical coaching skills and be fully committed to the mission and goals of the Program, the Athletics Department, as well as the Institution. The Assistant Swimming Coach will comply with all NCAA Division II legislative requirements, as well as applicable PCSC Conference rules and regulations.
- Contribute to Biola’s commitment to the Christian Faith in glorifying our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
- Design, & Lead training sessions (In-Water & Dryland) when needed. (AM & PM Workouts)
- Perform assigned responsibilities within the daily operations and overall administration of the sports program. (Recruiting, NCAA Compliance, Scheduling, Planning Travel, etc.)
- Attend Biola Athletics Coach’s Meetings twice per month.
- Maintain comprehensive and technical knowledge of the sport through continuous research of new/innovative training styles & mechanics of each stroke.
- Recruit quality Christian student-athletes, under the guidance and direction of the head coach, and coordinate all recruiting activities with the head coach (Official & Unofficial Visits).
- Serve as an academic overseer for student-athletes by organizing class schedules for each individual swimmer, approving study-hall hours, and communicating with the student-athlete academic advisor as needed.
- Aid Head Coach in meet entries for dual meets & invitationals.
- Represent the sports program in a positive, & professional light to opposing programs and external individuals/groups. (Parents, Students, Alumni, Donors, Faculty & Staff, General Public, etc.)
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Is a Christian believer, and has an ongoing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Desire to pursue a career in collegiate swim coaching, with a strong/passionate work ethic.
- 3+ years of coaching experience on the Collegiate, or Senior Club Level.
- Strong knowledge in the area of strength and conditioning Dryland for swimmers
- Ability to build strong/meaningful relationships with colleagues and student-athletes from various backgrounds.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to take direction from Head Coach, but also initiative without being asked.
- CPR & First Aid Certifications up-to-date.
- Collegiate-Level Swimming Career
- Have a background, or be confident in running a Distance training group
- History of success recruiting top-tier Male & Female Swimmers
- Have an understanding of ARMS recruiting/compliance software
How to Apply
- Follow Link: https://biola.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?site=1&id=949
- Email Resume to [email protected]
phone: 562-944-0351 x5923