Applications due 05/09/23
Date posted: May 22, 2023
Location: 1600 Grand Avenue
Macalester College, a highly selective liberal arts college, seeks to hire an Assistant Swimming & Diving Coach to serve as a member of the coaching staff. The Assistant Swimming Coach will assist the Head Coach and the rest of the swimming and diving coaching staff in the leadership and direction of all phases of a successful and competitive program. Macalester College aims to hire those that share our college values of excellence in education, multiculturalism and service to society. We aspire to hire a coach that will invest in the success and holistic wellbeing of our entire student athlete population and provide a highly competitive athletic experience for the students we serve.
This is a six month, 15 hours per week position that reports to the Head Coach of Swimming and Diving, evening and weekend hours are required.
- Practice and Competition – Assists the head coach in conducting safe and strategic individual and team training sessions and competitive strategies. Executes appropriate coaching decisions during practice and competition that ensure the welfare of the student athletes representing their program.
- Masters Swimming Coaching – Assists with supervising and running Masters Swim workouts.
- Game Management – Assists the coaching staff with the preparation and event management needs at home competitive events. Attends student-athlete recognition, recruiting, and other special events as necessary.
- Recruiting – Assists the head coach with recruiting efforts on an as-needed basis.
- Represents the college and its athletics program with honesty, integrity and sportsmanship at all times, to various institutional programs and students, parents, the general public, alumni and external agencies. Develops a positive, professional relationship with officials, league personnel, and coaching colleagues.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- 1-3 years successful collegiate experience required
- Knowledgeable in practice and training modes and competitive strategies. Creates a positive, organized and enriching experience for the student-athletes involved in the program.
- Effective teaching methods and excellent leadership, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills; the ability to work effectively with faculty, staff, students, parents and alumni from diverse ethnic, cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- General proficiency in current office computer technology.
- Contributes to a positive, team-oriented working relationship within the athletic department and with departmental staff.
Satisfactory completion of a criminal background check is a condition of employment.
This position is not benefits eligible.
Macalester is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic staff committed to working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from everyone who would add richness to our community, including people of color, individuals with disabilities, women and LGBTQIA+ individuals
Founded in 1874, Macalester College provides students with the inspiration, insight, and experience to become successful and ethical leaders. Located in flourishing St. Paul, Minnesota, Macalester enrolls over 2,000 students from across the country and around the world. Macalester is a preeminent liberal arts college recognized for its student service and celebration of internationalism.
At Macalester, we look at our employees through a whole-person, holistic lens. With comprehensive benefits and well-being programs, we provide and enable our community members to grow and care for themselves, their families, and one another. Our whole-hearted fidelity to community-building and social justice exemplify these ideals. Macalester College continuously prioritizes a culturally diverse and pluralistic community. We value individuals of all backgrounds and lived experiences.
Our rich blend of people holding varied identities enhances our strong commitment to multiculturalism and global citizenship. We seek candidates who reflect and strengthen our campus environment. Macalester invites and encourages everyone to apply who would add depth to our community including those from all sexual orientations, races, ethnicities, national origins, genders, religions, abilities, and ages.
Our Commitment to Safety in response to COVID-19:
For the safety of our community, Macalester requires all employees to have received a COVID-19 vaccine regimen. If you are unable to receive the vaccine due to a health condition or because it is prohibited as a result of your sincerely held religious beliefs, you will have an opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation.
Questions about this process should be directed to Employment Services, at [email protected].
How to Apply
Please apply online via the links below:
Assistant Swimming Coach – Temporary Part Time
Diving Coach – Temporary Part Time
1600 Grand Avenue
Saint Paul, MN 55105