Applications due 12/31/18
We are looking to fill an assistant coaching position for the 2019 season which runs from April thru August, with some additional strategic meetings and planning that may need to occur outside those periods. The right candidate will have good people and organizational skills; enjoy mentoring youth; have enthusiasm for the sport; strong knowledge about swim and stroke techniques with a focus on developing character and sportsmanship.
- The Assistant Coach would work directly with Head Coach in running daily practices. Lead practices of the group(s) given by the Head Coach.
- Enthusiastic, dynamic presence with good communication skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency of swim skills and have a strong foundation in stroke mechanics and be able to communicate effectively with swimmers and their parents.
- Have prompt attendance at all scheduled practices and swim meets. It is duty of the swim coach to be present at all swim meets and team functions.
- Mentor junior coaches.
- Foster a positive team environment that emphasizes good sportsmanship, fun and a mutual respect for others.
- Certifications: CPR for Professional Rescuer and First Aid certifications or willingness to obtain;
- Minimum 1 year in a competitive coaching experience
- Experience in competitive swimming
Salary is commensurate with experience and determined by the Swim Team Board. Potential for added income through a swim lesson program.
How to Apply
Please email your resume to Swim Team Director Sarah Watson [email protected]