Applications due 09/24/17
The YMCA of Greater Montgomery Barracudas is seeking a motivated, skilled, and pro-active Age Group Coach for its year-round competitive swim team program. With over 35 years of excellence in and outside the pool, we are seeking a coach who will live and teach through the YMCA core values and mission.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for swimming and the drive to develop young swimmers and desire to take further steps in his/her professional development. The Age Group Coach will be leading the 12& Under group as well as our pre-development program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Design, write and facilitate practices and track attendance
- Communicate daily with coaches, parents and swimmers
- Complete meet entries and attend swim meets (1-2 per month) as guided by the Head Coach
- Develop and execute training plans to achieve season goals based on the philosophy and the long-term vision of the program
- Assist in developing coaches as well as participating in community YMCA projects, team activities, and team planning.
- Actively and positively promote MYB and YMCA of Greater Montgomery and the sport of swimming in the community
- CPR, AED, First Aid and Lifeguard certified
- Club coaching experience with a variety of age groups preferred.
- Strong communication skills and administrative skills
- Swimming technical expertise is a must.
- Must be in good standings with all USA Swimming safety requirements
How to Apply
Submit application to Blake Delcarmen at [email protected] or the East Family YMCA, 3407 Pelzer Avenue, Montgomery AL 36109.
The Montgomery YMCA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Employment is subject to a background check.
3407 Pelzer Ave