Date posted: April 6, 2021
Location: Juanita High School, Northeast 132nd Street, Kirkland, WA, USA
Assistant Senior Coach with the expectation for Lead Coach in the Fall
WAVE Aquatics Mission:
To create an environment where excellence is expected every day.
WAVE Aquatics (https://www.teamunify.com/team/wave/page/home) was formed in 1987 when Northshore, Redmond, and Totem Lake swim teams merged in order to provide more opportunity and a stronger foundation for swimmers in the Lake Washington and Northshore school district areas.
The team has grown in scope since its inception and is now a non-profit organization that:
- Operates a competitive swim team for kids age 5 and up with 240 plus athletes on the team.
- WAVE has had athletes qualify for Olympic Trials within the last 9 years, regularly has athletes at Futures and SR Sectionals.
- Operates a masters (adult) swim team and adult triathlon training group
- Manages the Juanita Aquatic Center on behalf of the Lake Washington School District
- Manages the Redmond Aquatic Center on behalf of the City of Redmond
- Offers a terrific learn to swim program at both the Juanita and Redmond Aquatic Centers
Wave Aquatics is led by the coaching staff and the Executive Board of Directors. We are affiliated with USA Swimming (USA-S) Pacific Northwest Swimming (PNS) and the Greater Seattle Swimming Association (GSSA).
Primary Job Responsibilities:
Wave Aquatics Swim Team is looking for a Senior coach to work with the Head Coaches and other Senior Coaches to develop structure and direction of the senior program, including training blocks, team building, and dryland. WAVE currently has 60-70 athletes in our Senior Program. The Senior Coach position will be hired as an assistant working with both Coaches in our National Level Group and our Senior 1 Group, with the expectation to move to a lead position in the Fall. The Senior Coach reports directly to the Head Coach of WAVE Aquatics. The ideal candidate is interested in empowering athletes to take ownership of their success in and out of the pool.
Other job responsibilities included but not limited to:
- Oversee the development of a diverse and competitive Senior Program in coordination with the rest of the coaching staff.
- Support a healthy learning environment where swimmers and coaches of different background can excel.
- Enhance the team-first culture among swimmers, parents, and staff
- Assist in staff enhancement to support the team’s mission to expect excellence daily.
- Attend swim team events including meets (1-2 per month), team building events, coach/staff meetings, and fundraising events.
- Continue to find avenues to grow/learn as a coach and leader.
- Establish and support healthy relations with swim team parents in accordance of the WAVE Way.
- Maintain all coach and safety certifications
- Administrative work assigned from the Head Coach
Qualifications & Preferences:
Candidates of diverse identities and backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply
- Demonstrate leadership qualities.
- Excellent communication skills with coaching staff, parents, and athletes
- Preferred minimum 3 years coaching experience
- Administrative experience is a plus but not required
- Member in good standing with current LSC & USA Swimming
- USA Swimming Deck Pass credentials
- Bachelor’s Degree (Preferred, not required)
How to Apply
Send all resumes, cover letters, and references to:
Head Coach/Executive Director