The person in this part-time position will be involved in all aspects of managing the sport program, including, but not limited to, practice planning, game preparation/scouting, in-game coaching, recruiting, administrative work, and general supervision of student-athletes.
- Helps supervise all aspects of the sport program in conjunction with the head coach.
- Aids in the recruitment of qualified prospective student-athletes.
- Conducts training sessions to aid in the skill development of team members.
- Assists with game-day preparation and scouting of opponents.
- Provides in-game assistance and support to the head coach.
- Counsels and mentors team members as needed.
- Monitors health, wellness, and safety of team members.
- Enforces department and team expectations regarding general standard of behavior for student-athletes.
- Transports team members to away contests as required.
- Performs administrative tasks as assigned.
- Contributes to a positive work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
- Contributes to the overall success of the Athletics Division and sport program by performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Collegiate playing experience strongly preferred.
- Previous coaching experience at the collegiate, high school, and/or club level preferred.
- Ability to demonstrate and teach sport-specific skills required.
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule and travel for both games and recruiting expected.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and leadership skills, whether dealing with individuals or groups, and an ability to work well with different constituents.
- Ability to learn and apply University policies and procedures to ensure operational compliance and reliable judgment.
- Basic computer competency required. Experience with Front Rush or similar recruiting software preferred.
- Ability to successfully complete a background check, motor vehicle check, and drug test. Supervision: Received: Position reports to the sport head coach. Given: Supervises student-athletes and team managers.
- Associate’s degree required, bachelor and/or master’s degree preferred.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Current CPR, AED, and first aid certifications preferred.
- Compliance with NCAA Division III rules and regulations required.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online through Arcadia’s Human Resources portal to receive full consideration. Please do not email application materials to hiring manager.
For additional information and to apply, please visit: https://careers-arcadia.icims.com/jobs/2191/assistant-men%27s-%26-women%27s-swimming-coach-%28part-time%29/job and submit a cover letter, resume and names and phone numbers of three professional references.
Application review will begin immediately. Posting will be removed from the website once we’ve established a sufficient talent pool for consideration.
Arcadia University seeks candidates of diverse cultural backgrounds and abilities. Arcadia University encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply. All offers of employment are conditional based on successful completion of a background check.