Date posted: August 24, 2022
Location: 1130 Overland Road Southwest, Roanoke, VA, USA
The Virginia Gators, located in Roanoke, VA, is seeking inspiring, energetic applicants for an Assistant Head Coach position. In the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains, Roanoke boasts affordable living in a cultured Metro-Mountain community. You’ll love our vibrant downtown and the exciting opportunities for outdoor recreation- hiking/biking trails on the Blue Ridge Parking, boating on Smith Mountain Lake, and much more.
Our team, a 501c3 non-profit organization overseen by an elected Board of Directors, is made up of between 100-125 swimmers, ranging from beginners to Junior National qualifiers and trains at the Gator Aquatic Center, our team owned pool.
The Assistant Head Coach will help grow the base of our program by working alongside the Head Coach developing our swimmers’ skills and athleticism while continuing to take Virginia Gators to new levels of success.
- Assist groups through seasonal planning-developing/improving an athlete progression model and creating quantifiable goals for our swimmers through executing fun, age appropriate, and rigorous practices.
- Regularly attend all assigned practices (Monday-Saturday) and be available to attend scheduled swim meets per Head Coach request.
- Assist the Head Coach with team administrative tasks and pool management.
- Work with the Head Coach to recruit new swimmers and schedule tryouts.
- Communicate effectively with parents and appropriately respond to emails.
- Maintain a positive and effective working environment while collaborating with other coaches, board members, and parents.
- Provide a positive, encouraging, and challenging atmosphere in which all swimmers, regardless of ability, may improve their skills.
- Treat all swimmers with equal care and concern.
- Always represent the Virginia Gators in a positive and professional manner and in accordance with USA Swimming Code of Ethics and Conduct policies.
- Coaching membership in good standing with USA Swimming
- ASCA Level 2 or similar coaching experience
- Knowledge of TeamUnify and Microsoft Office
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Thorough knowledge of competitive swimming, stroke mechanics, and training methods
- Enthusiastic, team-oriented, positive role model, effective communicator, and leader
- Ability to create a positive, inclusive environment where all swimmers are inspired to improve and succeed
- Willingness to obtain up-to-date USA Swimming, Lifeguarding, and CPO certifications within 60 days of being hired
- Always seeking to improve and grow in their role as an assistant coach
- Successful at instructing, managing, and connecting with children.
- Passionate about the sport of swimming
How to Apply
Applicants should submit a Cover Letter, Resume, Coaching Philosophy, and 2 Professional References to Head Coach Morgan Richter at [email protected]
1130 Overland Rd. Roanoke, VA 24015