Applications due 07/31/17
Position Title: Assistant Head Coach
Reports to: Head Coach
The primary purpose of the Assistant Head Coach is to oversee the training activities of the swimmers in the team age group program in accordance with the team mission and vision. The responsibilities below represent the key functions for the position, but are not representative of all responsibilities. Other duties may be assigned by the Head Coach based on the overall needs of the team.
- Develop and execute training plans for all training groups in the team age group program.
- Responsible for the on-deck training of at least two training groups.
- Recommend all individual and relay events for age group athletes at swim meets to the Head Coach; or review those selected by assistant coaching staff for presentation to Head Coach.
- Responsible for the behavior, discipline and actions of athletes during practices, competitions, and other organized team activities.
- Set performance goals for team age group swimmers and report said goals to the Head Coach as necessary.
- Recruit new athletes at all age and competition levels.
- Establish an environment that fosters positive team attitudes, encourages self-discipline, sportsmanship and responsibility.
- Supervise the age group assistant coaches and oversee their training as outlined by the Head Coach.
- Assist Head Coach in developing annual staff development goals for all assistant coaches in the age group program.
- Meet regularly with Head Coach to discuss any training or other team related issues or concerns.
- Maintain scheduled hours and makes himself/herself available to the SPA membership for individual meetings as requested.
- Attend all SPA general membership meetings.
- Communicate regularly and appropriately with general membership via weekly email updates, monthly newsletter, team and training group meetings, and individual meetings or conferences as needed.
- Assist Head Coach in conducting regular parent meetings.
- Abide by all team policies.
- Assist Head Coach with administrative needs of team.
- Is a contributing presence within the Gulf LSC marked by regular attendance at meetings.
- Assist with team website, disbursement of meet information, posting of meet results, meet publicity, team travel information, team records, team files and team roster.
- Maintains attendance records for all assigned training groups.
- Assists in marketing and fundraising efforts regarding organization.
- Provide information to the Head Coach and Board of Directors regarding travel and associated expense needs consistent with the selected meet schedule for the upcoming fiscal year.
- Assist Head Coach in the support and maintenance of the SPA pools, local pools (e.g. Don Cook Natatorium), and workout areas.
- College degree required.
- Minimum of three years coaching experience with age group swimmers on USA Swimming affiliated team.
- USA Swimming Coach Certification in good standing, with current certifications and background checks.
- Minimum American Swim Coaches Association (“ASCA”) Level 3 Certification.
- CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer Certification.
- American Red Cross Safety Training for Swim Coaches and Instructors Certification.
Proficient with Hytek, Team Unify and Meet Manager Software.
How to Apply
Email cover letter, resume and references to [email protected]
Bob Kizer, Head Coach
6140 Hwy 6 #181, Missouri City, TX 77459