Location: 14 Allen Raymond Lane, Westport, CT, USA
***********This position has been filled*****************
The Water Rat Swim Team is a year-round, nationally recognized competitive swim program at the Westport Weston Family YMCA. Consistent with the Y’s mission, the team strives to help children grow, develop and become socially responsible while providing them with the tools for life-long healthy living.
The Water Rat Swim Team competes in YMCA competition at the local, state and national level. The team is also a registered USA Swimming Team sanctioned by Connecticut Swimming, Inc. and competes in USA Swimming at the local, regional, state, zone and national level. The team was recently recognized as a Bronze Level Program of Excellence in USA Swimming’s Club Excellence Program.
The team embraces a philosophy that commits to develop the highest level of competitive excellence for every swimmer, while simultaneously encouraging spirit, honesty, team pride, personal commitment and individual growth.
We are seeking an energetic and engaging candidate with a well-developed sense of community. Experience with the development of the 12 and under swimmer at all levels is a priority. We have a great tradition of retaining our swimmers from the early levels of development through high school and into college.
Under the direction of the Competitive Swimming Director, the Assistant Competitive Swimming Director (Head Age Group Coach) is responsible for assisting in the administration and direction of the Competitive Swimming program and supervision of the Competitive Swimming staff. The candidate’s duties will include but not limited to:
- Plan, organize, conduct practice sessions both in the pool and dryland
- Teach and direct training sessions by encouraging and motivating swimmers for competitive events
- Help set-up meet schedule and oversee meet entries,
- Organized and run parent and athlete run meetings
- Participate in team functions
Additionally. the candidate will assure that programs and facilities exceed the goals and objectives of the Westport Weston Family YMCA. The Assistant Competitive Swimming Director must possess good organizational, communication and supervisory skills.
QUALIFICATIONS – Include but not limited to:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in competitive swimming programs at the developmental level.
- Knowledge in practical, theoretical, and psychological concepts of competitive swimming as well as an understanding of age and gender characteristics of children and adolescents.
- Knowledge of the physiological aspects of competitive swimming training, and how to develop swimmers in a safe manner.
- Experience in planning and running successful meets (both home and away).
- Proficiency in Hy-Tek and Team Unify software preferred as well as the running of the Colorado Timing System. General computer competency required.
- Experience managing aquatic facilities, equipment, budget, and staff is preferred.
- Certifications required: USA Swimming Coach, Safety Training for Swim Coaches, Principles of YMCA Competitive Swimming & Diving, CPR/AED, O2, First Aid, Lifeguard.
Salary Range: $49,000 – $57,000
Please submit resumes to Ellen Johnston – Director of Competitive Swimming/Head Coach
Resumes accepted through July 30TH. Goal starting date of August 20TH.
Westport, Connecticut is located approximately 50 miles outside of New York City on the I-95 corridor.
How to Apply
Resumes should be sent to Ellen Johnston at [email protected]
14 Allen Raymond Lane
Westport, CT 06880