Location: 111 Lake Hollingsworth Drive, Lakeland, FL, USA
Assists the Head Coach in day-to-day operations of the College’s Men’s and Women’s Swimming Team including, but not limited to, recruiting, scouting, academic support, NCAA compliance and general operations within NCAA rules. The Assistant Coach also assumes various administrative responsibilities including aquatics responsibilities.
1. Support the Head Coach by assisting with the team in all assigned aspects.
2. Facilitate a good relationship between the head coach and team members.
3. Trains and develops team members in the sport’s skills, strategies, techniques and conditioning.
4. Assists the Head Coach with managing budgets, scheduling, inventory, travel logistics, strength and conditioning, fundraising, and community service and engagement projects.
5. Assists the Head Coach in planning of practice sessions and developing game plans for competition.
6. Assists the Head Coach in recruiting qualified Prospective Student Athletes (PSA), e.g., through evaluation and identification of prospective student athletes; by evaluation of skill and academic performance; contact and communication with PSA’s and families; and cultivation of relationships with high school coaches.
7. Assists the Head Coach in monitoring the academic progress and success of team members and helping with academic related forms and processes.
8. Abides by all NCAA, Sunshine State Conference and Florida Southern College rules, policies and procedures with an understanding that failure to do so may lead to sanctions up to and including termination.
9. Promptly reports any suspected violation (including possible violations committed personally or by any other member of the athletics department staff, compliance related offices and staff, student athletes, or boosters) of NCAA, SSC or FSC Athletics rules to the Assistant AD for Compliance, Faculty Athletics Representative (FAR) or Director of Athletics.
10. Active participant in the education and enforcement of NCAA Rules within the sport community.
11. Work closely with the athletic training staff to ensure the safety of all student-athletes.
12. Accurately completes all required or assigned NCAA, SSC, and FSC forms, reports, or required paperwork.
13. Works cooperatively with other athletics coaches and Florida Southern College Faculty/Staff.
14. Represent the program and Florida Southern College with sportsmanship, integrity, and professionalism.
EDUCATION, WORK EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS:
1. A Bachelor’s degree is required.
2. At least two years of experience in coaching at the intercollegiate level is required, however, extensive player experience at the collegiate level can be substituted for the coaching experience.
3. Any coaching experience in a NCAA Division II level program is preferred.
4. Demonstrated knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations governing recruitment, eligibility and related functions is required.
5. Excellent interpersonal skills are required.
6. Management and organizational skills are required.
7. The ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds is required.
How to Apply
Florida Southern College