Applications due 09/30/21
Date posted: September 17, 2021
Location: 125 N. Madison Street
Assist with the coaching and administration of the Iowa Flyers Swim Club program, with primary responsibility for the developmental and age group swimmers in the general track. The position also provides assistance as needed by the head coach with implementing workouts for the elite track. This position includes administrative duties related to the operation of the club in addition to coaching.
Program Development & Implementation
- Assist in coordinating on-deck coaching and supervision to all Iowa Flyers Swim Club participants during all practice sessions and competitions.
- Coordinate with head coach on planning and the execution of daily and long term practices.
- Coaching responsibilities include primarily the developmental and age group swimmers in the general track. Will provide help as needed by the head coach with implementing workouts for the elite track.
- Promote the values of teamwork, self-discipline, dedication, work ethic, sportsmanship, and time management with all club participants and coaches.
- Take on a leadership role in state and national governing swim club organizations by serving in officer positions when possible.
- Maintain and improve personal professional skills and education by attending appropriate professional development workshops, conferences, trainings, and seminars. Maintain memberships in applicable professional organizations and governing bodies.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Maintains productive work relationships while considering multiple perspectives.
- Demonstrates awareness of one’s own and others’ social identities (e.g. race, gender, disability status, religion, etc.) and their relevance in the workplace.
- Understand performance management concepts.
- Knows organization’s core performance factors and ratings.
- Can explain organization’s performance management process.
- Participates in own performance review or performance checkpoint session.
Safety, Injury Prevention and Emergency Procedures
- Administers appropriate first aid and follows emergency procedures.
- Treats and reports all situations and incidents endangering personal safety.
- Conducts hazard identification and observes universal precautions for injury prevention.
- Assesses the factors that contribute to intentional and unintentional injury.
- Carries out accident/incident investigations in accordance with appropriate safety plans.
Team Management and Team Building
- Understands importance of cohesive team effort and concept of synergy.
- Differentiates characteristics of effective and dysfunctional teams.
- Identifies key factors and requisite activities for building an effective team.
- Can explain traditional versus virtual teams.
How to Apply
Thank you for showing interest in the Assistant Coach for the IFLY Swim Club! If you are interested in becoming an official applicant for the open position please copy and paste the following link: https://uiowa.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/assistant-coach-iowa-flyers-swim-club-15186
After clicking on the link you will be taken to the UIOWA jobs website and will be able to complete the application there! We look forward to connecting with you and GO HAWKS!
125 N Madison St, Iowa City, IA 52242